6

Chaehyun POV
we arrived somewhere, it looks unfamiliar to me.

"where are we, hyunjae?", i asked out of curiosity as i followed him. he suddenly turned his back, "h-hey! don't follow me, j-just wait at me there, okay?"

i nodded and went to sit on the bench under the small hut.

as i was scrolling on social media a bit mindlessly, i heard a phone ring. it was not mine. i followed the sound and saw the phone on the ground.

hyunjae's?

i picked up the phone from the ground as i see the caller, dad. oh shit i need to give back his phone asap.

i ran along the only path and it led me to a  beautiful mini garden. i was fascinated by the view while looking around for hyunjae.

"hyunjae! hyunjae?"

a while later he ran to me, "what are you doing here?!", he screamed, sounding a bit shocked. "y-your phone just now, your father call—"

"why is my phone with you?!", he shouted at me with furious eyes. "i-i...", my eyes didn't know where to look as i looked everywhere else but not him.

my eyes glued at the thing behind him, a... grave.

he took the phone away harshly from me as he stood in front of me, blocking my view. "stop looking at it! leave!!!", he shouted.

i nodded quietly and quickly ran away.

he sounded so scary.

-

i went back to the company by myself so i wouldn't get to be around him, it would be super awkward if i waited for him.

i went to sit back in my place and focused on the screen in front of me. actually, i tried to, but i can't, my mind is full of how harsh hyunjae was to me and that... grave.

was the pretty garden, a graveyard?

i slapped my cheeks multiple times softly, tried to regain my attention and focus on the main thing. but i failed to do so after 3 minutes.

i couldn't help but think how is hyunjae, how does he feel? is he okay? should i have left him alone? does he need a company? what if he needs someone to be with him just now?

the thoughts instantly snapped away when i heard the door slam.

"b-boss.", i stood up and greeted him, eyes not looking at him. i just heard a hum from the latter as he went to his place. i let out a muted sigh and sat back.

-

finally, 8 hours of work passed by. and it was really slow, especially when i don't enjoy the silence. it felt super duper awkward.

as i was ready to leave, he had to stop me. "secretary ji."

i stopped at my track as i gulped and turned to him, "y-yes, boss?" he walked to me with his belongings, "follow me."

don't miss me if you don't get to see me mom.

i followed him to the lobby, we got onto his car and he drove me to the same place where we went not long ago. when we arrived there, it was the perfect time to see sunset.

as we got off the car, he took my hand and pulled me, guiding me through the only path to the garden. he pushed me down to sit on the grass as he sat beside me.

i looked at him who looked at the scenery, admiring his side profile.

i wish you loved me the same way as i did.

i looked back at the view as i exclaimed, "whoa, its so pretty!" i can hear soft chuckles from him before he cleared his throat and acted like nothing happened.

it was a comfortable silence when the two of us enjoying the view.

"are you hungry?", he suddenly asked. i shook my head, not knowing if he sees me or not, "nope. what about you?"

"can i tell you something?", he ignored my question, meanie. i hummed as a yes.

"im sorry for treating you badly just now. i guess i was too sensitive when it comes to this day. i shouldn't have acted like that to you.", he said.

i looked at him.

there was a slightly sadness inside his eyes.

"mind if i ask... what happened?", i asked carefully.

he shook his head, "its my mom's death anniversary. the garden you're seeing right now, was all her efforts while she's still here. she loves to garden. im trying my best to take care the garden even if i do messy jobs of it."

"i guess i didn't want people to discover here, it's the only thing my mom left."

i can hear how shaky his voice gets. i moved closer to him and hugged him from the side, "you don't have to tell me everything if you can't. don't force yourself."

he looked at me with his little watery eyes as he gave me a weak smile. i hugged him even tighter, "hyunjae."

he hugged me back, small amount of butterflies grew in my stomach. i swear i am not—

he broke the hug as he held my both hands, "do you wanna see mom?" i nodded and shook my head, "i... don't know."

he giggled and sniffed.

we got up from the ground and he led me to his mother's grave. i squatted down and smiled, "aunt, i will take care of hyunjae as his gir—, as his friend. don't you worry. please love him no matter where you at, aunt."

"you can just say that you're my girlfriend.", he said. i couldn't differentiate if he meant it or not so i just let out a scoff.

"i promised aunt that i will take care of you so, let's go get some food.", i said and pulled him. he walked in front of me and stopped me as he hugged me from my waist and placed a peck on my lips.

he looked at my lips endearly before pressing a kiss om my lips again. i smiled as i melted into the kiss.

hyunjae stop making my heart beat this fast.

---
a very early update for today :D my exam is ending tmr and im gonna cry once it ends