30

Chaehyun POV
"hey chaehyun...", i was interrupted by jacob while typing out the documents. my head lifted up to see him, "hmm?"

"boss lee wants to see you." he said, with a worried face.

i nodded, "ah... okay." i gave him a reassuring smile as i stood up and followed his lead to the ceo's room. i knocked the door and got the permission before entering.

"ji chaehyun."

i stood there, not moving closer, "yes mr lee." the person turned around to me as he looked happy, "just wanna catch up with my son's girlfriend, oh, i mean... soon-to-be ex." a smirk flashed on his face.

"what do you mean by that."

he rested his jaw on the back of his palms, with elbows on the table. "you are a smart girl, im sure you know what i mean.", he muttered.

"i won't break up with him, even if i have to lose my job.", i said firmly. he stood up, "oh gosh, why are you so innocent? of course you won't leave him, but what do you think if he admits in the hospital?"

i widened my eyes, "what the fuck— are you even his father?!" who the heck hurts his biological son over a relationship?!

he laughed, "i am, but you aren't the person i want my son to marry. i can do anything to not have you into the lee's. do you wanna hear my whole plan? ey of course you want, or else you won't be scared right."

he walked closer to me, "imagine he can't walk, or have his head wrapped with bandages for weeks, or even months; oh god what if he can't remember you forever? just imagine..." he scoffed and sat back on his seat, "i give you two weeks to consider the whole thing. you may leave now, miss ji."

i clenched my fist as i walked towards the door.

"oh right."

i halted on my steps as he continued speaking, "and if i see you living with him, or next to him, you better be ready to see him being hospitalised then."

i bit my lips and left the place.

jacob held onto my wrist and pulled me to somewhere. i wanted to argue with him but i didn't. he pulled me to the rooftop.

he let my wrist go, "i heard everything." i looked at him, "oh, so?" he whispered, "don't leave hyunjae's side. i will try my best to help you two—"

"what can you do?", i asked.

"i..."

"see? jacob, i know you are worried about your friend, but this is not just a simple matter right now, it is his whole life right now we are facing. i love him, but i don't want him to get hurt and suffer because of me. i will settle this by myself, you, don't tell a single word of what you heard to him. this is the least you can do to help, i beg you jacob."

he nodded.

-

i told hyunjae that i will be back home late.

the bus stopped at the last station and i got off it. looking around, it's by the han river. i went to sit on the bench nearby and opened the bottle of alcohol.

i know i shouldn't drink it, but just once. i wanna get the feelings of putting every worry away instantly.

i chugged the whole bottle of alcohol. the bitterness and the smell of alcohol disgusts me. i hate the taste of alcohol so much, but it feels so good after gulping that 1 litre of alcohol.

it felt so good that i cried.

tears running down and i tasted the mixture of bitter and salty while drinking the another bottle of alcohol. tears are falling down nonstop, i just can't distract myself.

i put the bottle to the side and messed my hair up, letting out a few sobs.

why do i have to be like this? why do i have to leave hyunjae? why can't i be happy with hyunjae like every other couples?

i screamed, i slapped my laps with my hands, i screamed and cried again. i forced myself to finish the second bottle, even if i ended up spilling out some, feeling sick and suck.

i laughed out loudly, is this how much i have to suffer in order to love hyunjae? how much more do we have to go through to be able to stabilise our relationship?

why do i feel like i'm living in a comic world or starring in a cliché plot of a kdrama? oh, why do i start seeing stars and colourful things around me? why is the lamp post spinning?

i almost opened another bottle of alcohol when suddenly someone held on my wrist. i looked at the direction, blurry and colourful. "oh—", it become black in a matter of second.

-

i woke up to find myself in a strangely unfamiliar room.

just then, the door creak opened. "oh? noona, you are awake!", the voice belonged to juyeon. wait... juyeon?

i slowly sat up, "juyeon... why am i here?"

he put down a bowl of... soup? beside the table and sat near me. "noona, what happened yesterday? you can just tell me.", he said. i shook my head, "nothing happened. by the way, why am i here in your room?"

"you were drunk."

"what? juyeon, you know i don't drink alcoh—"

"you called me yesterday. and all i heard was you shouting and singing, mumbling things and laughing, sobbing can be heard too. i went to you to see you drank five bottles of alcohol and almost opened the sixth. you fainted after that.", he explained.

i looked away, "oh god..."

"i haven't tell hyunjae hyung about this, should i tell h—" i immediately cut him off, "NO! DON'T!" he just looked at me and nodded, "oh... okay... by the way i cooked hangover soup, drink it."

he stood up, "oh right, noona said that she left a clean outfit for you on the table there. go take a bath, an extra towel is hung inside the bathroom so feel free to use that.", and left the room.

-
Juyeon POV
my phone rang as i almost stepped into the house. i took my phone out from my pocket and check the dialler, chaehyun noona?

"hello?", i spoke.

silent can be heard. "hello?", i asked again. this time, a scream can be heard from her, followed by a few sobs.

"... are you okay noona?", i asked.

and then she laughed.

i just stood there and listened to her instead. she suddenly hummed some melody and sang, more like gibberish. but there are some parts that are clear enough for me to understand.

"alone near the han river, drinking."

"how enjoyable."

i went to call a cab to han river, without hanging up the call. when i arrived, i saw a girl sitting on the bench, struggling to open a bottle, crying.

i held onto her wrist to stop her. she looked at me and smiled, "oh—" and her head dropped right on my arm. i looked at the bottles around, just how much she drank...

i quickly disposed the empty bottles before bringing her back home. the house was pitch of darkness, i guess jiyeon noona is already asleep.

so i had no choice but to let chaehyun noona sleep inside my room. as i laid her down on the bed, she said something, "i don't wanna leave you hyunjae."

a tear flew out of her eyes to her cheek. i wiped the tear with my thumb. i smiled sadly and closed the door room after done tugging her in bed.

---
sorry for not updating often these days T^T