25

tw // blade, bully, death
Hyunjae POV
i can't.

i really can't. i'm sorry chaehyun.

(flashback)
"omg look! yahhhh lee jaehyun, we met again!", the boy said.

i didn't even bother to turn my head to the latter, recognising his voice is enough for me. i paced even faster, trying to escape from him, but i still failed.

he held onto my bag, "hey hey hey, where are you going? yahh don't be scared of me, im not going to eat you.", and he laughed.

i looked at him with a firm look as i mustered up my courage, "what do you want from me, park jaehyun?" he patted my head, more like hitting my head, "whoa, we haven't meet for like 3 months and you are already this brave."

of course, you were suspended from school for 3 months because of your behaviour.

"let's talk somewhere else.", he said and pulled me into a classroom with his gang. i gulped, is he going to beat me up like what he did to someone else last time?

"look, later there will be a student coming here, and tell us that he broke up with his girlfriend. give him this package, just don't ask why and what is it. you heard me?", he said.

i nodded nervously when i saw one of his friend had a blade on his hand, "o-okay..."

a while later, someone entered.

"i... broke up with her.", the boy said. i passed him the pack of things to him and when he took the thing out, it's money.

wait, money???

"goodjob younghoon.", jaehyun said, and used my hand to pat the boy i supposed his name is 'younghoon'. younghoon smiled and nodded. i can see the smile he had was a forced one, and sadness from his eyes.

the gang left the classroom after that, leaving me and younghoon alone.

"hey, do you want coffee? my treat.", he said. i shook my head, "n-no thanks, we are not that close enough for a c—"

he cut me off, "i have something to tell you."

-

i drank the coffee brewed by younghoon at his house, he said that his parents are still at work.

"what did you want to tell me?", i asked as he sat down. "are you being forced by jaehyun?", he asked me and i widened my eyes. how did he know that...?

"just tell me honestly."

i nodded.

"how do you know that?", i asked. he took a sip of the coffee before replying, "i saw his gang member threatening you silently, holding a blade."

"oh."

we fell into silent.

"is it okay if i ask..."

"why i received money from them by breaking up with my girlfriend?", he said and i nodded. he managed to scoff a laugh, "well, he has feelings for my girlfriend, too. and my father happened to borrow money from his father. so now he's helping me to solve my father's debt, but i have to give up my girlfriend for it."

"oh... im sorry."

"it's okay. do you and jaehyun have some sort of...?", he asked.

"we were best friends." i said and continued after a sip of coffee, "one day, we were playing ball, but i was overjoyed and accidentally killed his only cat with the ball..."

i was shaking when i told him about it.

i didn't even tell this to my father, he's the first and only one who know it. i was lowkey fully ready for his criticism but he patted my shoulder, "it's okay. i don't judge you."

"do you wanna hear something?"

i nodded.

"i once killed my mother's favourite goldfish. the goldfish was accidentally dropped on the toilet, and i flushed it without knowing...", he said and laughed.

i laughed with him together.

"by the way, thank you for opening up to me. i can see how much that incident affected you, uh...", he said.

"im lee hyunjae."

"hyunjae! let's be friends." i nodded.

friends.

(end of flashback)

i will tell you when im ready chaehyun...

-

five days...

five days and no sight of her.

her cousin, ji changmin told me that she took a week off from work. i tried to reach to her through her cousin, but her cousin also don't know what happened. i guess she didn't tell him anything about us.

my love

tuesday 15.30

me
chaehyun
have u eaten?
pls eat sumn if u haven't :(

tuesday 22.18

me
chae
have u eaten ur dinner?

wednesday 10.08

me
chaehyun
can we talk?
it's okay if u say no, i will wait

thursday 18.02

me
babe i missed u
pls at least reply my msg if u read them
:(

yesterday12.00

me
babe...
pls take care of urself at least
idc if u don't wanna meet me now but pls don't starve urself :(
ilysm pls

09.10

me
idk if u r awake
but i will wait in front of ur house till u open the door, i can't take this anymore, we need to talk

here am i, waiting for her right in front of the door. i get nothing from her the past five days, not even a seen from her.

this time, i will tell her everything. i need to. i can't lose her, i don't wanna lose her again. i don't want a sad ending to our relationship. i will make her believe me again, if that's what i have to do. i will make her love me again, if she's slowly falling out of love.

-

it's nighttime now and i am still standing in front of her house.

there were people walking across her place of course, and they were looking at me weirdly. i just hope they don't think that im having bad intentions.

"chaehyun... i beg you."

as i was about to knock on her door, "it's him! i've been supervising him and he has been there from the morning!", a neighbour said.

i turned my back to see two security guard with her.

"what are you doing in front of here?! come with us, sir!", the two guards went to hold my arms so i couldn't escape. "n-no! im w-waiting for someone!"

"let him go."

---