10

Hyunjae POV
i got off the car and went into the shop.

i saw chaehyun and another guy beside her chatting happily and even laughing. my hand clenched into a fist.

okay fine, i AM jealous.

i walked to chaehyun and sat beside her, putting an arm on her shoulder. she looked at me shockingly, "how—"

"aigoo look at you forgetting your phone babe.", i said as i held the phone up for her to see. she immediately snatched the phone away, "o-oh, thank you."

then i looked at the guy sitting beside her. "oh, hey. i guess you are... chaehyun's friend? hello, i am chaehyun's boyfriend, hyunjae.", i introduced myself with a smile.

"o-oh, hello! i am chaehyun noona's friend, juyeon!", he introduced himself too.

then he stood up awkwardly, "ah noona then i should go first, im going to try brewing some coffee here."

NO—

"oh my god can i see?", chaehyun asked as she stood up. i pulled her wrist down and made her sat down, "no, you're staying here with me. we will go to you later, juyeon."

juyeon just nodded and walked away.

"yah hyunjae why are you being like this?!", she whisper shouted me, sounding pissed. i scoffed, "then why are you being like this to me too?!"

she doesn't know how much happiness she brought into my life. i hate how am i getting flustered every single time by the smallest thing she does. what does she thinking when she gave me kisses? what was the reason for her to hug me when i feel tired? and why does she always looks at me with those pretty eyes of hers? why...

she looked confused, "what?"

i rolled my eyes and whisper shouted back, "i like you chaehyun! you acted like you like me back too at some point but it ended up you having a crush at that juyeon guy. i looked like a fool treating you like my real girlfriend when you treated me for god knows what reason!"

i stood up, "go to juyeon instead. let's stop the acting then. i will sleep on the couch later, no, i will go to my friend's house and sleep instead."

i walked away.

-
Chaehyun POV
i messed up.

i watched him walking away from me.

i didn't know why but i wasn't as glad. i should be happy that we've stopped the acting right?

"noona! do you wanna try latte that i made?", juyeon's voice can be heard from afar. i turned my back to see him holding a cup with a proud smile.

"sure!", i walked to him.

he put down the cup of latte and pushed it softly to my side as i took a seat opposite him. "look noona! i made a smiley face for you!", he smiled.

"it looks just like you.", i let out a ggggle as i compared the cup of his art to himself. "really? does it?", he says as he looked at the cup and turned on his camera on his phone to look at himself.

i just laughed.

"drink it! i wanna know how is it!", he said. i nodded and took a sip of it. "whoa, yah juyeon you really are good in brewing coffee! oh i forgot to ask, are you going to work here?", i asked.

he shook his head, "nope, this is my friend's shop and im here today because he is going on vacation for two days. wanna help me here?"

i smiled, "i would like to but i don't think i can."

"is it because of hyunjae?"

i raised my eyebrow, "what? why would you think so?" he sat down as he replied, "he looks like he loves you a lot, plus what he did just now! he looks like a bit protective boyfriend and i would understand if he acts overprotective to you in front of me since im so handsome."

i laughed, "narcissistic you are."

boyfriend...

i smiled at the thought as i continued drinking the latte, "oh by the way thank you for the latte!"

-

i went back to the resort.

it's really empty. he even took his luggage with him, not leaving any belonging of his. he really meant it, i guess...

i sat at the couch by the window and looked through it. i was deep in thoughts when suddenly someone called me. i took the phone happily, hoping it was hyunjae.

but no.

i picked up the phone lazily, "oh hey."

"chaehyun... please don't be mad at me.", she said. huh? did i missed something? "what do you mean jiyeon? why would you say that?", i asked.

"i... told your boyfriend that you have a crush on juyeon... l-listen! i thought he w-was lying when he said that h-he was your boyfriend! i didn't mean to tell him! i-im sorry!", she said.

"WHAT?!"

"chaehyun... im sorry..."

never had i even thought about how hyunjae knew my crush towards juyeon to be honest.

i shook my head, "its okay jiyeon. i have something to do so i have to go, bye!" and that i ended the call.

i looked around as my body sunk on the couch, letting out a long, frustrating groan. after that i took my phone out and went to text hyunjae.

my no1 boyfriend

me
hyunjae

my no1 boyfriend
?

me
come back

my no1 boyfriend
why
didn't u want personal space

me
it's going to be hard for me to take u to the meeting tmr

my no1 boyfriend
i will go there by myself

me
... okay
tmr's meeting 1pm at sunshine restaurant

my no1 boyfriend
okay
goodnight secretary ji

my heart broke at what he addressed me. did you have to be this harsh to me?

---