31

Hyunjae POV
i looked at the time, 12.05am.

why isn't she back yet? why is she out of reach?

i paced around the living room, where could she be right now? should i find her? at the company? or... ugh where is she?!

i dialled her phone again.

"sorry, the person you call is un—"

i immediately hung up and threw the phone to the couch frustratingly. "where the fuck are you ji chaehyun?!", i groaned.

there's no one i can call to ask about her whereabouts, no one.

i plopped myself onto the couch as i let out a long sigh, "ji chaehyun, i will punish you when i see you." i stood up again and drove the car to the company, in fast speed.

i ran to the guard who's having his night-shift, "wait!!!" the guard immediately bowed to me and asked, "boss, its so late, what are you doing here boss?"

"is there anyone who's inside the building still?", i questioned and he shook his head. "no, why?", he asked. i just ran through my hair with my hand letting out another sigh, "okay, thank you."

i got into my car and drive back home.

as soon as i walked into the room, i fell onto the bed and fell asleep.

-

the first thing i do after opening my eyes is to look around and rushed out of the room. i went to chaehyun's room. slowly opened the door, i saw a figure lying on the bed.

at least she's sleeping peacefully...

i went to prepare breakfast after that. as i was pouring milk onto the bowl, i can feel a back hug, and a not so strong peach-scented perfume. "im sorry babe, i was busy in the company and had to pull all-nighter.", she spoke softly.

i didn't bother to look at her, "when did you come back home?"

"1am."

"at the company?", i asked and she hummed as yes. i turned to her and hugged her waist, "so the company was the last place you stayed before you come back home?" she nodded.

liar.

i smiled, "but the guard said that there's no one in the company building when i asked him around 12am."

she widened her eyes, "i-i—"

"where did you go? be honest.", i asked with my arms crossed. she gulped, "i... i went to eat late night dinner..." i scoffed, "why did you lie to me then?"

she pouted, "im scared that you will be angry if you know i ate my dinner late. im sorry babe, please don't be angry at me hmm?" my anger disappeared looking at her pouty lips.

i hugged her waist back and pulled her closer to me, "how can i be angry with my future-wifey hmm?" she giggled and pecked my lips, "who's your future wife?" i smiled, "you."

"i haven't agree to marry you!", she hit my arm playfully and chuckled. "you haven't, but you will anyways.", i replied. "and by the way, you are going to pay back for making me worry for the whole night.", i whispered into her ear.

she hugged me, head leaning on my chest, "sorry for making you worry my love. i love you hyunjae." i hugged her back, "i love you too chaehyun."

-

she walked into my office as soon as i called for her through the phone, "is there anything boss?"

i motioned her to walk closer, she nodded and walked near to me. she had her eyes widened, indicating for order from me. "i want you to eat lunch with me.", i said.