24

Chaehyun POV
"im leaving my daughter~"

i looked at my mother who had her luggage with her, pulling towards the door. i went to hug her tightly, "ahhh mom can't you stay here for a day more at least?"

she broke the hug and kissed my forehead, "i booked the flight for today. plus, isnt two days enough hmm? i still need to take care of the house, remember?"

i nodded sadly, "okay mom. i will miss you a lot!"

she nudged me, "then come back home frequently! bring hyunjae too when you visit me mhm? oh right, is he awake?" i shook my head, "you're leaving this early, of course he's not awake yet!"

"haha okay okay, just a reminder to you my daughter, if he is behaving like that kim younghoon, remember to dump him immediately okay! i don't want you to get hurt in relationship again, my chaehyun~", she pinched my cheek.

"ahhh it hurts! okay okay mom, i will protect myself!", i said.

after mother left, i turned my back to see hyunjae already sitting on the couch. i went to him and side hugged him, "goodmorning hyunjae~"

he looked at me, emotionless.

"is this the guy aunt mentioned?", he asked as he showed a picture of younghoon. i widened my eyes, 'shit he heard us.'

"reply me!"

i stayed quiet, i couldn't say a thing out of my mouth.

"silent means yes."

"hyunjae, i can explain—"

"so you knew younghoon all along?! why didn't you tell me?! and last time, that bag of things, did you two meet each other?! are you two now friends huh?! you are telling me he is your ex?!"

i stood up, "what about the time when you and some other people offered younghoon the bet to break up with me?!"

"what...?", he stood up too.

i let out a scoff as i looked at him, "you know it well hyunjae. you were there with some other people when younghoon said that he broke up with his girlfriend and received money. his girlfriend was me!!! i was the victim! i was the one who got hurt!!! you were one of them who hurt me! when i saw you again, i told myself to be careful of you, but i still ended up loving you, falling for you deeply! younghoon told me that you are not involved, but you're reacting badly about younghoon as my ex. he is your friend, your best friend!!! why are you making as if im cheating on you?! "

he held my wrist harshly as i was about to hide myself in my room, "ji chaehyun! you interacted with younghoon, your ex! without me knowing!!! you two loved each other before! you didn't tell me about your ex! and now i even have to know this from your mother?! plus, what if you fall in love back with him instead and leave me?!! i don't wanna lose you chaehyun, i need you in my life!!!"

his grip on my wrist become stronger as he let out his emotions, made me hissed in pain, "l-let me go hyunjae, i-it's painful!" he loosen the grip and i managed to jerk his hand away from my wrist as i held onto it, "lee hyunjae! that was not what im talking about!!!"

"then what were you talking about?!"

i gulped, trying hard to hold the tears from falling down, "let me ask you, why were you there when younghoon was receiving his money after broke up with me?!"

this time, he didn't speak a word.

"tell me, hyunjae!!! if you don't tell, i won't know the reason!!!", i cried out. i could see he wanted to comfort me but he just stood there momentarily, doing nothing.

"hyunjae..."

"i can't.", he said. i looked at him as i wiped some tears on my cheek away, "lee hyunjae!!! why... can't you tell me. you're such a jerk, a fucking jerk!!!"

"im sorry chaehyun."

the door closed after that.

-

i cried for the whole day.

i didn't eat my lunch and dinner.

all i did for the whole day was staring at my phone screen, waiting for him to send a message or a call. but he didn't.

i cried, again and again.

this is worse than the last quarrel.

maybe, secrets were meant to be exposed at the end. secrets are meant to be known by people someday. it's just that, it happened today.

i tried so hard to convince myself that, he has his reason and difficulties to not tell me. but i still want a text from him, or at least a word from me. telling me to trust him, telling me to give him time.

he didn't.

tears are dropping again.

i looked at the mirror, puffy red eyes, expressionless. my hand reached to my face on the reflection, tracing in slow motion.

i want to hate you lee hyunjae, but i can't. i want to unlove you, but it's too late, i've fallen for you too deep, too much. i want you to disappear from my world, but i know i will miss you a lot.

hyunjae, please tell me you're not using me.

please tell me you have real feelings for me.

please tell me this isn't for money.

please tell me to trust you, to love you still, please.

---
have a nice day ! ^^