42

Hyunjae POV
there's only 2 weeks more to d-day of 'marriage'.

i told chaehyun that we should stay distanced between each other so that my father wouldn't caught us being back together.

even if it's hard, we have to.

but at least i can freely listen to her voice in my own house, and text her whenever i want as long as im careful enough around my surroundings.

"babe~ can you hang in there?", i asked chaehyun in the call. she hummed, "yeah... i can't wait to get back to you jaejae."

i smiled, "we will, soon. 14 days more babe hang in there hmm?" she hummed again, "you too my hyunjae. i love you." i giggled and replied, "i love you too."

"babe, what do you wanna do with sena? if you wanna put her in jail, i will do that—" she cut me off, "no, i want to forgive her." i got choked on her words, "f-forgive?! babe!!! think wisely chaehyun, she was the one who killed our child babe..."

she hummed, "i know. but because of that, i had the chance to save my mother. i was so upset about the abortion, but putting her in jail won't make me feel good too. i lost a child, but what about her? she will lose her reputation and her whole life will be ruined..."

i nodded naturally, "but can you really forgive her, that easily?" i heard a sniff on the another line, "i... i will try my best to."

the call is filled with comfortable silence as i was staring at the pictures of us hung on the wall of my room. i missed her in my arms so much, i missed her cuddles and kisses, and everything else.

"babe, can you sing me a lullaby?", she asked and yawned. i nodded, knowing she can't see me, "sure."

i sang 'spring breeze' (a.n: stream spring breeze by new !!! n yes i meant that song.)

and when i finished singing the song, i can already hear her snores. i smiled widely as i imagined her face when she's sleeping, "i love you baby, today, tomorrow, and forever."

-

"are you sure you really want to forgive her?", jacob asked me.

"i don't wanna let this news spread around the media. it will causes a lot of controversy and might ruined her reputation. plus, i asked chaehyun for opinion and she said to forgive her after she apologise face to face.", i replied.

he sighed, "as long as both you and chaehyun agree with each other, i would be fine."

i nodded.

younghoon suddenly entered the office, even the guards were trying to stop him but didn't succeed.

"w-we are sorry, boss.", the guards apologised. i signalled them to close the door and leave as i replied, "it's okay." the both of them bowed and the door shut tight.

younghoon put down a file on my table, "you have to see this hyunjae."

i looked at him weirdly as i opened the file and took the paper out of it, scanned the words with my eyes meticulously. i widened my eyes at the information.

'jaeron, please help me take care of lee hyunjae, my son, in the behalf of your sister, me. thank you, brother.'

i looked at younghoon unbelievably, "n-no way... what does this means younghoon...?" he sighed as he took a seat, "i happen to see this file while i was searching around his office. i quickly printed a copy and replaced the real letter on his office to bring it to you."

"whats that about... younghoon?", jacob asked.

i shook my head, "how... how the heck did he lie to me this long?" i let out a frustrating scoff and jacob took the paper to read them. i heard a gasp from him a while later, "w-what..."

younghoon sighed, "so... umm hyunjae..."

"i want to cut off my relationship with him. he has been toxic to me and deceived me the truth. he said that my mother left me for another man, well who knows it was because of her disease... and he never told me that he's not even my father pfft—"

jacob patted my back, "there there..."

"i will support your decision hyunjae.", younghoon said as he stood up and walked nearer to me, putting a hand on my shoulder and nodded. jacob stood up and nodded, "and me too!!!"

-

in the middle of the night.

i brought chaehyun to see my mother, to avoid my uncle's man from stalking us.

"hyunjae... is there anything?", she asked softly as she saw the destination we arrived. i shook my head and got out of the car. she got out of the car too and quickly held on my wrist before i walked away faster from her.

"hyunjae... i know you always come here when you have something on your mind. can you tell me hmm?", she held onto my both hands.

i nodded and brought her to my mother's graveyard.

i bowed to my mother and started speaking, "mother. i never knew you were fighting cancer. fa— uncle was so mean to hide this from me, and even his real identity. im sorry for hating you when i was a child. i misunderstood you mom, im so sorry...", a tear unknowingly rolled out of my eye.

i felt a pair of hands on my waist from the back, giving me the biggest comfort when i needed.

i turned to my back, facing her, "mother, did you send ji chaehyun to me? is she the angel you said that i will have? she's too good for me mom, she is always there for me, but i wasn't with her when she was facing the hardest time. i wasn't by her side when she lost our child because of someone's greediness. i wanna say sorry to my mom for failing a chance to bring your grandchild here, telling her that you were beautiful, and you were an amazing mother to me, an angel. and i'm sorry to chaehyun, for letting you go through all of these, for not being there for you, and most important. because of me, we lost our child. im sorry chaehyun..."

she cried too as she shook her head, at the same time, wiping off my tears with her hands, "its not your fault love. its never your fault."

i hugged her tightly, "i'm sorry..."

she cried out loudly.

'i'm sorry, my child...'

---