8

Chaehyun POV
i hummed iu's lullaby on the phone call with hyunjae.

i stopped after about 2 minutes as i heard light snores from the another line. "hyunjae?", i softly called. no response from the other line, i guess he's really asleep. i hung up the call.

'goodnight hyunjae. may you be happy tomorrow.'

-

i woke up as i heard my alarm rang. i lazily brought myself to off the alarm and sat up to stretch my body, letting out satisfied noises.

as i was brushing my teeth, the doorbell rang. now who the fuck is it to ruin my early morning?! i quickly done brushing my teeth and went to open the door.

lee hyunjae.

"goodmorning sunshine! your delivery is here!", he said as he raised a paper bag. i raised my eyebrow at him, "uh... enjoy it yourself?"

i almost closed the door but his leg blocked the way, "wait!" i opened back the door again, "yes hyunjae?" he passed the paper bag to me, "i made this by myself, eat it."

i took it on hesitant and nodded my head, "o...kay... thank you hyunjae." he smiled sweetly, "anything for my girlfriend."

i almost cringed at his words as i quickly closed the door.

i went to put the paper bag at the table as i took what's inside out of the bag. there's a cup of coffee and a box of food. i opened the box to see a fully boiled egg with a few toasted bread and bacon.

it really smells good.

i quickly closed everything back as i went to take a bath before enjoying the breakfast prepared by my boyfriend, cough, a fake one.

as i put the bacon inside my mouth, holy god am i in heaven?! it tastes so freaking good!!! blessed my taste buds <3

i took a sip of the coffee too, oh my god its super good! god blesses me today i think, im today's god's favourite.

wait a minute... did he do these because of what i said yesterday? nahhh there's no way, he won't... right? anyways,

thank you hyunjae.

-
Author POV
in a blink of an eye, its already sunday.

hyunjae went to her house as he helped her with her moving, to his house.

"can you carry this? do you need me to carry instead? yah is it heavy?", hyunjae nagged a lot to chaehyun. he's worried that she will hurt herself while carrying the boxes that are stuffed with her belongings inside.

"it's not heavy! i'm not weak okay!", she said proudly. "take that instead.", she said, signalling with her jaw as her both hands are busy carrying.

he looked at the direction she chinned. looking at the few stacked boxes, he scoffed, "easy peasy, leave it to me, chaehyun!"

he walked to there confidently and intended to take two boxes at the same time, but he's taken aback when he actually carries it.

what the fuck does she put inside and why the fuck is it this heavy?!

chaehyun who saw everything, laughed at the boy. "easy peasy, leave it to me, chaehyun!", she mocked what he said earlier.

"h-hey! it's not so heavy though! look! i can still carry two boxes at the same t— ouch!"

a small-sized box dropped onto his toes.

she immediately put down the box on her hand as she went to him, "are you okay hyunjae?!" he tried to endure the pain on his toes, "i-i'm good, i'm fine!"

she shook her head as she took the box on the ground, "i'm not responsible for your injury if you hurt yourself again."

"h-hey!", he whined.

"just kidding, but don't hurt yourself still!", she shouted as she carried the box again to his place. "hyunjae, where's my room?", she asked.

he slowly walked to her, the pain still stings him a bit from time to time. she looked at him almost limping to her, "are you really okay?"

he nodded like crazy, "of course! anyways your room is here.", he said as he showed her the room. it's really spacious, and even a big nice bed prepared for her.

"oh my god! thank you hyunjae!", she quickly put the things into her new room before coming back to him and give him a peck on his cheek out of giddiness.

she skipped to get other boxes while he just stood there momentarily, trying to proceed what happened.

'oh god she just kissed me!'

-

that night, the two of them were fully energised and have too much energy to fall asleep.

chaehyun was in her room, staring at the fan on the ceiling spinning. she got snapped out of it as she heard a knock on the door, "can i come in?"

she hummed, "sure."

the door opened and revealed hyunjae in pajamas. he jumped into her room as he threw his body on the bed beside her.

"can you sleep?", he asked as he tilted his body to her side, looking at her. she shook her head as she looked at him, "how about you?" he shook his head too.

"should we go somewhere?", he suggested.

her ears perked upon his words as she sat up, "sure! where are we going?" "geez looking at you all excited, what a cutie.", he exclaimed as he poked her cheek.

"hmm, let's go downstairs for a walk!", he said.

she widened her eyes, "with us wearing pajamas?!" he nodded like it's no deal, "yeah, what about it?"

"n-no, i cant wear like this going downstairs! i am going to change!", she said.

"nooo! then i will need to change too!", he whined as he clung onto her arm. "yeah, you should then!", she said with a grin.

"i'm lazy to.", he replied as he showed his puppy eyes. "oh gosh fine, let's go without changing clothes.", she said.

"woohoo!", hyunjae cheered like a kid.

the two of them went to downstairs and walked around the neighbourhood with holding hands. "hey chaehyun."

she looked at him, "what?"

"do you like me?"

she gulped at his question, didn't know what to answer.

"i... don't know. i liked your presence, but not to the point that i want to live under the same roof with you.", she said.

"oh.", is all he said.

he can't help but felt a bit heartbroken. his feelings wasn't fully returned, yet.

"do you like me, then?", she asked.

he shook his head, "i only like you as my secretary ji." she let out a scoff and mocked, "yes, boss lee."

bitterness can be felt inside her. she's glad that he doesn't like her, but she's unglad that he doesn't like her, too.

---
double update cause i love u all, hope the storyline has been okay for u all ! ^^