40

Chaehyun POV
"mom i just b— mom!!!", i rushed to the bed as i looked at the doctor stood beside the bed, checking something.

"d-doctor, is my mother okay?", i asked.

he looked at me, "your mother fainted, she has no enough blood. and apparently our hospital doesn't have enough blood pack for her blood type to transfer for her. may i ask if you have the same blood type with her?"

i nodded quickly, "y-yes! but doctor i... i have hiv..."

he widened his eyes, "oh... then the situation might not look good for her. because the fastest blood pack we could get for her will be tomorrow. do you wanna do a blood checkup again to make sure about your...?"

i nodded, "s-sure."

-

the report came out and said i don't have hiv, so mom is saved, they took my blood to save mom.

i looked at the ceiling as i lied down on the bed, tears flowing out of my eyes, rolling down on my cheeks nonstop.

i sniffed, did the doctor got my report wrongly?

why did the doctor there said that i have hiv?

does that means... i killed my own child?

i kept crying, having the thought that im the murder of my own baby. "i-im sorry baby, i f-failed you... i-i killed you on my c-choice... i-im sorry baby...", i sobbed.

im such a terrible person.

-

i got discharged on the next day, while my mother still has to get her last checkup by tomorrow morning before she can discharge.

i was on my way to cook porridge for my mother at her place when suddenly my phone rang.

i went to pick up the call by an unknown number, "hello?"

"how does it feels to lose your own child hmm?" i widened my eyes as i started to shake badly, "w-w-who are you...?"

"you don't have to know who am i. do you know? lee hyunjae bribed the doctor to fake your report and say that you have hiv so you can abort your child. he wanted you to feel guilty forever for leaving him."

i dropped the phone as i fell on my laps and cried, how can he be this cruel? how dare he do this to me? how can he do this to his own child?!

as i went to picked up my phone again, the call is ended. but i received a message from my mother, saying the hospital already served her lunch so i don't have to prepare her meal.

i hugged my knees together and had a great cry.

-

soon my mother got discharged too.

i told my mother everything, and she's beyond mad. "how could he do this to my daughter?! you left him because of his father, and now he's doing this to you?! why is he like this!!! aigoo my daughter..."

mother hugged me tightly as she rubbed my back, i let out the tears again. "i-im sorry mom...", i sobbed.

she shook her head and said softly, "no... why are you telling me sorry? you should tell yourself sorry, you didn't deserve any of these. i hope you will move on from a trash like him as soon as possible to not get more hurt from him. my daughter...", she kept rubbing my back.

i silent cried every night since that word from her.

every night, i kept thinking of our whole relationship. he isn't someone who would seem to do this.

he loved me, a lot. and i can see that, because i do, too.

can a heartbroken made him become this cruel? but he's not the only one who got hurt, im also heartbroken everyday...

-

"daughter, be careful out there. i met that trash just now when i was going to get you coffee. i told him to leave you alone and never find you, but you still need to be aware of him!"

my body started to shake, what is he doing here in jeju island? who told him that im here? did he come here for work or did he come here just because he want to see me suffer?

my mother hugged me, "don't be scared chae, i will fight him with my whole life if he dares to hurt you again! don't ever go to anywhere alone okay? you have haknyeon here right? yes, ask haknyeon to accompany you to anywhere if you wanna go out!"

i nodded at her words, couldn't listen any words into my mind.

-

that night around 1am, i went out for a walk by myself.

there's no way i would wake haknyeon up for this small matter. even though we are close cousins, he wouldn't be pleased to be awake at 1am just to walk with me.

i had my both hands inside the pockets on my padding jacket.

i stopped walking, standing froze when i saw a familiar figure. "ji chaehyun...?" i wanted to run away, but i couldn't move. he walked to me and held on my shoulders, "chaehyun, it really is you!!! i want to tell you that i—"

"w-we have nothing to talk about, hyunjae. d-didn't my mother asked you to s-stay away from me?", i said, fear of him for my whole life.

"no chaehyun listen i—"

"hyunjae."

he looked at me as he shook my head, "really, its not me. i would never want you to lose our child. i would never ask people to fake your body checkup report. i—"

"how can i trust you now?", i asked as a tear fell down.

"w-what?"

"why should i believe you?", i took a few steps backwards as he had his hands away from me. "because i still love you, chaehyun... p-please trust me for once. e-even if we might not ended up together again, p-please trust me...", he begged me as tears filled his eyes too.

i shook my head, stepping backwards, "no... i can't trust you. what if you hurt me again? i don't wanna get hurt again hyunjae... please l-leave me alone..."

"chaehyun—"

"please leave. no, i will leave, you stay.", i said and ran away from him. "chaehyun!!!"

i sobbed all the way back home.

---