41

Chaehyun POV
i got back to seoul.

both jiyeon and juyeon welcomed me with warm hugs, "welcome back chaehyun." i could only smile.

so many things happened in 2 weeks. and i would never want to experience again, if that's possible.

we broke the hug, "do you wanna go rest? you must be tired from the flight chae.", jiyeon asked. i nodded my head and walked into my room, tiredly.

soon someone knocked on the door.

i didn't have the energy to reply and so the person came in by themselves. "chaehyun noona...", it's juyeon. he sat on the chair near me, "are you okay in jeju? did hyunjae bother you?"

i widened my eyes and turned to him, "w-were you the one...?"

he nodded his head, "i'm so sorry... he had been bothering me for days just to know where you at, and even kneeled down. so i told him..."

i didn't want to argue so i just lied down on the bed.

"noona..."

"leave, please, juyeon."

he didn't say any word and left the room.

-

the whole week i didn't do much.

i stayed at home, didn't dare to go out anywhere. i didn't want to see anyone else none other than jiyeon and juyeon. i didn't have the appetite to eat and take care well of myself.

the doorbell rang. i was so scared to open the door, and there's no door peek hole. what if its hyunjae? what if he already finds out where im staying temporarily?

i took all my guts to turn the doorknob and open the door.

"cousin!", changmin hugged me tightly. i hugged him back and patted his back for a few times, "hi." he broke the hug, "oh gosh look at you chae, i bought some food for you to eat, it's your favourite food! let's eat a bit hmm?"

i nodded and closed the door for him as he placed down the pack of food. he went to wash hands and starting to eat the food. i also washed my hands and managed to stuff some food inside my mouth and digested them.

"is it good chae?", he asked. i nodded and hummed as reply.

"should i come here everyday during break time from now on?", he suddenly asked. i looked at him shockingly and shook my head, "you don't have to—"

"you finally speak. are you okay?"

i shook my head and looked down at my stomach, "haven't been the best." he asked, "is there anything on the floor? do i help you pick them up?"

i looked at him and shook my head, "nothing."

he asked, "chaehyun! just asking, when are you going back to work?" i could only shrugged, "i don't know..."

he rested his jaw on the back of his palms, "i heard that you're having a hard time. even though i don't know what's going on, i hope you know that life goes on, chaehyun. a day you don't face them, they will still be there, the thing won't go away itself, we are the one to eliminate them. i hope you will gather your courage again to face them, because no matter how hard it gets, you have people around you to ask help from, don't forget that." he smiled sweetly, dimples clearly shown.

i smiled too, "thank you, jichang."

he nodded, "of course."

-

i told the lee siblings that im going back to work today. and today is the day that im facing hyunjae again.

"hello, may i—"

i gulped at the person in front of me. he smiled, "can we talk? i know that the café is about to close now. and no one's around anyways." i looked down at my shoes and nodded.

remember, changmin said to face them.

i walked out of the counter and took a seat along with him. "im sorry...", he said. i slowly looked up to him as he continued his words, "i must've scared you a lot right..."

i nodded my head.

"sorry..." i shook my head indicating its okay.

"about our child... really, i wasn't the one who bribed the doctor and made you abort the child. it's even too late for me to be happy when i heard about your pregnancy, but immediately got the news that you aborted the child. im so sorry, i couldn't protect our child. chaehyun, please forgive me. im sorry."

he held onto my hands, tightly. "i missed you a lot chaehyun, and i know you feel the same too. we said to stay with each other no matter what happened right?", he asked softly.

i looked around.

"no one followed me, you can just be honest.", he said, which made me shocked.

"how did you k—"

"jacob told me about that time you both met here, i realised that my father also got some people to tail me around. i figured out about your situation and asked jacob to distract his men for me today.", he explained. i just nodded my head.

"did you let me go because of my father?"

i nodded my head as a tear dropped. he reached his thumb out and wiped my cheek, "don't cry my love. im so sorry for everything happened." i cried even more.

he wanted to withdraw his hand but i held on his wrist and put it on my cheek as i smiled and managed to say, "i missed you."

he stood up from his seat and quickly pulled me into his embrace. i hugged him tightly, so tight that i would never want to let him go again. his hug is always so warm, i missed the hug so much.

he rubbed my back, "i missed you too."

"what about sena...?", i asked carefully. his hand clenched into fist as a few cracking sounds can be heard. "i wouldn't let her go this easily, i will make her pay.", he said.

"i found a way to break off the engagement, chaehyun.", he said and i smiled.

---