32

Author POV
today is a public holiday and they got a day off from work.

"babe! im going!", he shouted from the door as he was wearing his shoes. "okay!!!", she shouted back from the bathroom.

hyunjae went out early in the morning to get some groceries nearby the apartment as it's already his turn.

chaehyun came out from the shower around 3 minutes later, drying her wet hair with a towel. she was going to let the towel dry under the ceiling fan on the handle of a chair when she saw hyunjae's wallet on the table nearby.

"what a clumsy man he is.", she chuckled as she took the wallet and headed downstairs.

she saw hyunjae was walking towards her direction, crossing the road from the opposite direction. "hyunjae!!", she shouted, pointing at his wallet that is on her hand.

he smiled at her as he jogged to her.

a speedy car almost bumped into hyunjae as the driver stepped on the brake.

"HYUNJAE!!!"

he was startled by the sudden closeness of the car as he fell down. she immediately ran to him and supported him up, "are you okay?!" he nodded, "im okay."

the two of them looked at the male driver who came out of the car, "oh god, im so sorry. are you okay sir?" hyunjae nodded his head, "im good, its okay."

"please be careful next time sir!!!", chaehyun said. the driver once again apologised and bowed to the two of them before leaving.

"let's go get the groceries now babe.", hyunjae said, holding on her hand. "yah lee hyunjae! you almost got into an accident! go back home and rest! i will buy the groceries instead!!! no, let's go back home first!!!", she nagged.

"it's okay, i told you im fine! look, im totally unaffected chaehyun!", he insisted. "no!!! look your wrist is injured, let's go back home and get the injuries treated immediately!", and the next thing she does is pulling him back home.

"sit on the couch!", she ordered him as soon as they arrived home. he kept his mouth shut and obeyed her.

chaehyun went into her room to get a first-aid-kit and started to treat his wounds as he had his arms pulled out straightly for her. a sad pout can be clearly seen, "look at you!"

no matter how carefully she treated those wounds, he will still let out whimpers and hisses, in pain.

she put on the last bandage on the injury on his wrist and let out a small smile, "done!" she looked up to see his face dangerously close to hers, with a smile.

he moved his face even closer to her and captured her lips, sharing a kiss. "thank you my love.", he giggled and ruffled her hair before he stood up. "i should go get the g—"

she cut off his words without hesitation, "no no no you are NOT going to anywhere lee hyunjae, REST HERE!!! i will go instead!" she snatched his wallet and raced to the exit of the house before he can do anything.

as she was on her way to the groceries, her phone rang. she took out her phone from her pocket, and picked up the call from a unknown number, "hello?"

"you were so lucky that the driver i hired wasn't brave enough, or else look where will you be heading right now, ji chaehyun."

she recognised the voice, "kim sena."

"meet me at the company rooftop, tomorrow at 10am, before something bad gonna happen to your boyfriend again.", she said through the call and laughed, "gosh, look how shocked hyunjae was, oh lord."