43

Hyunjae POV
d-day of 'marriage'
i was fixing my look when suddenly the door opened, "did you call me, my dear fiance?" i smirked before i turned to sena, "yes. please have a seat."

"why are you treating me so well omg?", she said and sat down.

i sat on the chair near her and took some pictures out, "what do you think if i reveal you and your little boyfriend to the public later?" she widened her eyes and looked at me, "l-lee hyunjae! how did you find out?!"

i smiled, "thanks to your stepbrother. sunwoo let me know a lot about you. now i finally know how is my fiancee like in front of people." she clenched her teeth, "you—"

"it's either you break off the engagement, or it will be police dragging you away. i have the proofs of you trying to hurt me, even the proof of you bribing the doctor to fake a report.", i said with a serious tone.

she leaned on the chair as she clapped her hands, "you're really good. i didn't want to marry you anyways. let's break off the engagement. what should i do then? its already the day."

"you just have to not show up here. i already have the script and the plan changed.", i stood up, hand reached out for a hand shake. she stood up and shook my hand, "it was great to pretend to love you, finally im free from you."

"be happy with your boyfriend.", i wished. she nodded, "the same goes to you and ji chaehyun. i will apologise to her face to face when the situation isnt as serious then. what about your father?"

"my father? pfft— im going to break off our relationship, and will step down from helping him with his business.", i said.

she smiled, "you really have the potential to do so. goodluck in life then. if we ever meet each other on the street, let's greet each other like a normal friend would do."

i nodded, "sure. till we meet again, sena." and sent her off.

-

"and now, we will welcome our main lead today, lee hyunjae!!!" the people applauded as i appeared on the stage.

"firstly, i would like to thank everyone who are here on the company's 4th anniversary. secondly, i would like to announce that, the engagement of miss kim sena and i, is officially break off."

the crowd started to gossip.

while my 'father' looked mad, "yah lee hyunjae!!! what do you think you are doing?!"

"and i would like to announce that, i will officially step down from handling my father's business, or should i say, my uncle.", i said with a smile.

suddenly people looked at him and fingers pointing all on him. "y-you—" i clasped my hands together, "oh right. i also have one more great news to announce. meet my girlfriend, my only love, ji chaehyun."

ji chaehyun then appeared on the stage, her dress is too pretty. she went to hold on my hand as she smiled widely, kissed my cheek. i blushed and cleared my throat. people cheered for us and clapped their hands.

"that is all from me, as lee hyunjae. thank you."

-

i brought chaehyun back home, finally.

she smiled like an idiot. i looked at her, "why are you smiling like this babe?" she shook her head, "nothing much... its just that, im so happy today."

i went to hold her both hands, "i love you." she reseted her head on my shoulder, "i love you too, hyunjae."

"hey chaehyun, what about let's..."

she pushed me away, "you're so dirty-minded." i gave her my smirk smile, "but i didn't say that hmm?" she blushed and stood up immediately, "you're so annoying lee hyunjae."

i pulled her and made her sit on my laps, "you're so pretty today on the stage, do you know that?" she nodded and pecked my lips, "you're just attractive as always too, hyunjae."

she pulled my collar and crushed her lips onto mine as we shared a kiss.

-
Chaehyun POV
juyeon called me and asked me to meet him at the playground near his place.

i swung myself on the swing, waiting for him. "hey.", i turned my head to see juyeon with a smile. i smiled back to him, "hi juyeon." he sat on the another swing.

"what did you wanna talk about?", i asked. "i wanted to be honest with you.", he said. i looked at him and nodded, "go ahead."

he let out a sigh and said, "i liked you, chaehyun noona." i looked at him as he continued with his words, "i thought you liked me too for one moment to be honest, but when i saw you ended up with hyunjae, i know that you like him more. no worries though, i moved on from you that day when he begged me so much for your location. he even kneeled me for you, it showed that he loves you a lot. treasure that man noona, he's the one you're meant to be with, ji chaehyun noona."

i smiled as i looked up to the dark sky filled with stars and a crescent moon, "i will be honest here, i liked you too juyeon. or at least, i thought i liked you, until i met hyunjae again. hyunjae was someone i fell on first met, but i didn't get to confess to him. so i thought i should give up on love, but then you were so sweet to me during university so i fell for you. maybe i was using you to cope my own feelings... i don't know anymore actually haha."

he smiled m when i looked at him, "congrats, for dating him, noona." i smiled back, "thank you juyeon. i hope you will find a better woman than me."

he nodded, "of course! im lee juyeon!"

we both laughed.

---