7

Hyunjae POV
she drove the car to a night street full of snack stalls. it was really pretty seeing each stall having different light decorations.

"eat as much as you want today hyunjae! i'm paying!", chaehyun beamed. i ruffled her hair as i laughed, "what if i eat too much?"

"then i will steal your wallet and pay the food!", she joked.

i held her hand tightly and she looked at me shockingly. "i still need you to pay my dinner so you can't get lost okay?", i sang. she scoffed, "sure sure."

-

on the way back home as i was driving the car, she broke the silence and asked.

"hyunjae, is it okay if i only move some things in?"

i nodded, eyes still focused on the road, "sure, if you're lazy enough to move all things here. i understand that after all."

"hey! i-i'm not lazy!", she whined.

i took a peek at her, she crossed her arms and formed a pout on her lips. what a kissable lips, wait what the fuck am i thinking?!

i laughed, "i know~ just kidding."

"then do i really have to move in today?", she asked. "hmm, will it be better if i help you move some of your things into my house this sunday instead?", i asked.

i can feel she's nodding beside me like crazy, "of course! thank you boss lee hyunjae!"

-

i'm on the bed, trying to fall asleep.

but there's something else inside my mind. and i couldn't get it off till now.

(flashback)
"dad.", i deadpan.

"son, you're not visiting her, right?", he asked. im fully aware of who he's referring as i replied, "im visiting her."

"how many times do i have to tell you that she's a bad woman?! don't you remember the day when she threw you alone with me?! she left the household for herself, she's a selfish woman!!!", he shouted on the phone.

"what about you?", i asked.

"what?"

"you don't know. you don't know anything about mom yet, do you?", i scoffed.

"w-what do you mean i don't?! i'm her husband of course i know everything about her!", he panicked.

i laughed, "if you know everything about her, then you wouldn't have been this angry about me visiting her. you're so mean, dad."

"and don't you act like you know everything about her if you speak to me like this lee jaehyun. remember how she left you on the street and let you get caught by the rain when you found her so hard after days of running away from home."

i gulped, "y-yah!"

"she must've not explain to you what happened right? im right, she's just as irresponsible as you think i am. your so-called mom, is just as terrible as i am.", he spat out.

"don't you dare speak about mom like this!", i shouted. "think about it carefully, son.", and that he hung up the call.
(end of flashback)

i truly want to know what happened that day...

no, lee jaehyun, you don't want to know. you don't want to know. you don't want to know. you don't want to know. you d—

i want to know.

i let out a bitter smile as i opened my phone and scrolled through the contacts, i stopped when i see her contact number.

should i call her? can i call her?

i debated with myself for 5 minutes on whether to call her or not and i ended up doing it. i gulped nervously as i stared at the screen, waiting for her to pick up as i opened the speaker.

"hello? hyunjae?", her sweet voice rang on my ear.

"o-oh, hey chaehyun.", i said. "why did you call me?", she asked. i shrugged, knowing she can't see me, "i don't know, i missed you, i guess."

"flirty."

"chaehyun.", i called out her name. "hmm?"

"i can't sleep.", i said bitterly. "oh poor hyunjae, what should we do about you?", she said, half sarcastically.

"can you sing me a lullaby? or talk about anything? let's talk about you, chaehyun! what do i need to know about you?", i asked. all i heard is melody-like giggles from her.

i can literally imagine her face. what a cutie.

"you're cute.", she muttered.

"hmm, what do you need to know about me...", she sounded deep in thoughts. "just say whatever that is in your mind right now.", i said and she hummed.

"do you know ji changmin?", she asked. i shook my head naturally, "no." "of course, you're new to the company right. ji changmin is my cousin, he's really good in dancing and he's super scary when he is d—"

i cut her off, "this is not about you, sweetie."

"whoops, you caught me.", she said. then the call become silent, i supposed she's thinking something else.

"what do you wanna know about me then?", she asked.

"i want to know everything about you. your likes and dislikes, your hobby, your childhood, your love life, everything about you!", i said with a smile.

"you're such a troublesome."

"i know.", i said and we laughed.

"hmm, i like to cook, listen to music and podcast, read, oh and i like to stargaze too! what about my dislikes hmm... oh, i hate eating unhealthy food, and i hate movies too.", she said.

"what's your ideal type?", i asked.

"definitely not you.", she joked and immediately laughed. "that's not funny chaehyun.", i whined.

"okay i will be serious. i don't really have an ideal type. as long as that person truly loves me, i think it's enough. it would be an extra point if he's good in brewing coffee.", she said.

mom, im going to be a barista.

i hummed as i said, "chaehyun, do you know im good in brewing coffee?"

"hmm, i don't know and i rather not know~", she joked and chuckled. i smiled at her chuckles, she's so cute to be true. god i love her so much.

"can you sing?", i asked.

"uhh, i can't.", she said. and the next second she started to hum the melody of iu's lullaby. my eyes got heavy as it slowly closes by itself.

i love you chaehyun.

---
exam is finally done WOOHOO