20. Great Start

"I wish you all the best in my school, Aerin. If anything happens, you know where to find me" she held her hand tight and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Thank you, Mrs Sim" she returned the smile and noticed the car stopping. She saw the school building and realised that she had reached.

"I will see you later. Thank you so much" she said before opening the door and leaving.

After she got out, she started walking to school. She plugged in her ears and calmed herself down.

She was having so many thoughts.

'Would they like me? Will I find new friends? Am I worth being here? What if Eomma and Appa find out that I'm here?'

She look down at her uniform and her self confidence goes down.

'Let's just get this done and over with' 

She continued walking and finally reached the school a few minutes later. She was relieved when she saw the school gate empty.

Of course, she was 2 hours early. She bowed to the security guard and entered the huge school.

It was like a dream. It's a perfect place to study at. She slowly made her way to her new class. She was supposed to meet the form teacher first but they are probably not in school yet.

She found a seat and carefully sat down. She was worried that the seat was taken but she promised to leave before students arrived. She took out her books and began reading a few chapters. Nothing new. Same content.

'Why the hell am I so early?' 

She started to regret coming early. She decided to take a quick nap and wake up half an hour early.

-

She woke up when someone took out her airpods. She shot up, wide awake. She sat up straight and noticed her 'soon to be' classmates staring at her closely, in front of the desk.

Aerin looked at the time.

'Fuck they are here already? I slept the whole time?' she groaned in ehr heart.

"I'm sorry, is this seat taken? I will leave" she said to the group of students staring at her. She grabbed her bag, ready to run.

"No, It's fi-" she ignored the voice and ran out of the classroom.

For some reason, she was running for her life. She saw the hallway full of students and was about to cry.

"There you are" she felt a hand on her wrist.

"Goddamn" she winced, turning to the person grabbing her.

She saw 7 pairs of eyes looking at her, worried.

"Why the hell did you leave without telling us?" Jake glared at her, making a scene.

She looked around and saw the students looking at her.

"Aerin, what's wrong?" Hanee walk towards her.

"Noona?" Sunoo asked.

She heard whispering and glances. She closed her eyes and got out of his grips.

"I'm sorry but I can't do this" she continued running to god knows where.

"Aerin!" Jake called her, watching her run.

'I did not leave early to bump into them' she whined in her heart.

After running, she somehow ended up near the staff room.