34. Flour Fight

"Surprise!! Your favourite principal is back!" Eomma popped out of nowhere.

Everyone except Hanee and Aerin froze. The girls were just smiling while crossing their arms.

"Eomma" their eyes widened when they realised it was her.

"My god you're back" Jake walked over to her to give her a hug.

"Have you guys been doing well?" she asked after hugging them one by one.

"Not that well without you" Aerin said cheekily while the guys nodded. Mrs Sim chuckled and patted her head. Her eyes then landed on Jaehyun.

"Jaehyun, have you been well?" she grinned at him. Jaehyun bowed and nodded, happy to see her too.

She then averted her eyes to Karina. She looked at her, up and down, smiling.

"Karina..how are you?" Eomma grinned at her.

"I have been well, Mrs Sim. Thanks to Jake, my leg is getting better" she smiled and bowed.

"Good, I guess you and Jake got close again, huh?" She looked at Jake. Jake, who was caught off guard, was looking at Aerin and then at Karina. Karina looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"I..guess so?" Jake said and Aerin showed a small smile.

"I heard you have plans with my son right now" Mrs Sim continued, slinging her bag to her arm.

"Ah, yes. We were supposed to get ice cream after practice.." Karina fiddled with her fingers.

"Is it okay if you hang out with him another time? I was planning to have dinner with him. Is that okay with you dear?" she grinned.

Both Aerin and Hanee looked up at her at the same time. Jake got confused but he didn't look that much affected anyway.

"Oh, S-sure. Jake, we can go another time, right?" she asked Jake. She had a slightly displeased look on her face.

"Yeah, cool. Thanks Karina" he smiled. Karina forced a smile and nod.

"Now that's settled, let's head home boys." she snapped at them. She then turned to Aerin and Hanee who were busy whispering at each other.

"Girls, let's go dear" she slightly pushed them to walk.

"See you two tomorrow" Mrs Sim looked at Karina and Jaehyun.

"Bye Jaehyun!" Aerin yelled but got distracted when Jake flicked her forehead. Jaehyun chuckled as she waved at him.

As Mrs Sim's family left, Karina's smile dropped. She clenched her first. Jaehyun, who saw it, smirked.

"Giving up trying to get, mother-in -law's heart?" he asked as he packed his bags.

"What is your problem? I got embarrassed enough today" she rubbed her forehead, frustrated at how her efforts had just gone to waste.

"Then maybe don't try to force it?" He laughed and walked towards her.

"Once you leave, don't try to come back" he whispered to her ears and walked away, leaving her heartbroken and crushed.

Karina glared at him and looked at the van Mrs Sim and her family were in. That day, Karina could feel a spark of hatred growing towards Aerin.

-

During the journey, the guys couldn't stop asking Mrs Sim questions. Hanee had to calm them down. Aerin on the other hand was enjoying the outside view.

"So? What did you do during your business trip?" Jungwon asked.

"Did you visit any nice places?" Sunoo continued.