39. Old School

Jeno leaned against the wall, arms crossing while staring at Aerin who had her knees against her chest. She was crying uncontrollably.

She was back to where she came from. The place where her trauma started, with the people who gave her those trauma.

"How long are you going to cry?" Jeno's tone sounded harsh, but deep in him, he wanted to comfort and apologise to her.

"Can't you leave me alone? Jeno, for once, fuck off" Aerin looked at him angrily, eyes filled with tears and hatred.

"I hope you know, I was threatened. I didn't volunteer to say anything. I wanted to but i didn't" Jeno was explaining himself for some reason.

Aerin scoffed and turned to him.

"So what? Am I supposed to thank you? Should I let you hurt me again as a form of gratitude?" she asked bitterly.

Jeno stayed quiet and looked away. Aerin shook her head slowly and looked out of her bedroom window.

Few seconds later, Aerin's mom came in, holding documents.

"Aerin, from now onwards, you will be going back to NCIT. Jeno has volunteered to accompany you. He will fetch you and send you back home. Everyday" she slammed the documents on her bed.

Aerin instantly looked at her.

"That's totally unnecessary! You're just trying to make my life miserable aren't you?" She glared at her mom and Jeno.

"You imbecile. Do you realise that you've just created a mess and I have to clean it for you? Stop arguing or you will be sent overseas. I'm not playing around, Aerin." her mom yelled. Aerin kept quiet while Jeno shot her a shocked look.

"You guys never came home. Not once on my birthday, not once for the parents conference. Now the first thing you do when you come home is threaten me? This place is the worst" Aerin mumbled as she wiped her tears.

Aerin's mom clenched her fist and was about to march to her when Jeno stopped her.

"Mdm, i will talk to her. Please just give her some time" he said softly, making her back away.

"Yes, please get some sense into this ungrateful brat. Thanks Jeno" she glared at Aerin for one last time before leaving the room.

The room went quiet for a while. Jeno had a heavy feeling in his heart. He felt bad and guilty at the same time.

Jeno approached her slowly.

"I seriously don't get why you guys are doing this to me" Aerin broke down,hugging her knees.

"Aerin.." he called out to her.

"Please Jeno, you hurt me enough. All of you did. Please just leave me alone. Please" she started begging, gripping her wrist where the scars were once there.

"I'm so sorry Aerin. I'm so sorry" Jeno slowly pulled her into a hug.

Aerin shook her head and hit him multiple times.

"I hate you, i fucking hate you" her fist hit his chest, as if she was stabbing him. She wanted to. God knows how much she wanted to kill him and her parents.

Jeno let her hit him, his arms still tight around her. He felt the worst. He felt regretful for hurting her. Maybe after seeing her parents being that way to her, he felt like shit.

Maybe after seeing the girl he loved getting hurt made him realise his mistakes.

"I'm sorry Aerin ah. I'm sorry for hurting you. Please forgive me" he started pleading.