24. Other Rides

Aerin sighed and began to wonder where Jake could have gone.

"Aerin" Jay suddenly called you. You turned to him and patiently waited for him to continue.

"Is that Jeno guy, still trying to contact you?" he asked, making everyone look at you too.

You took out your phone and began searching for Jeno's contact which you muted. A total of 1000+ messages was sent.

She had no idea how he got her new number but come on. Dream has a lot of skills. Finding someone's number is not a big deal. 

"Maybe just this?" She showed them the amount of messages.

The maknaes gasped.

"He is obsessive huh?" Sunghoon shook his head.

"He was a really good guy..just that he became abusive" Aerin shrugged, lowkey missing the lovely times she had with Jeno.

Her heart now likes Jake but he was busy with another girl which made her even more confused with her feelings.

"Where is Jake hyung anyway?" Jungwon asked, upset that his hyung is spending time with another girl and not with them.

"Maybe taking care of Karina. You know how she just returned from surgery" Heeseung said.

Aerin stared into space. Hanee noticed and nudged Heeseung. The guys kept quiet and tried to find a topic to talk about. Somehow whatever they say will lead to Jake.

"How is your wrist?" Finally Hanee decided to speak.

Aerin looked at her bandaged wrist and smiled.

"It's better, I have to change the bandages once every two weeks though. Jake promised to change it for me" Aerin explained happily. She held her wrist tight.

The guys smiled when they noticed Aerin smiling.

"Did anyone bully you?" Jay asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

Aerin shook her head.

"Nope..i mean I'm still new here so.." she shrugged. Hanee smiled and held her hand.

"No one would dare to hurt or even touch you" she grinned.

"We'll protect you" Jungwon said cheekily even though she knew he meant it.

"Thanks for worrying you guys. I will be fine so don't worry about me" she gave a thumbs up.

 The guys nodded, watching her and Hanee suddenly fool around.

"Sorry i'm late" Jake jogged to the table and sat next to Sunghoon. Aerin chose to ignore him and kept talking about ENHYPEN with Hanee.

"Where the hell have you been?" Heeseung whispered, his hands were busy playing with his girlfriend's hair.

Jake looked around and noticed the guys side-eying him. Even though the maknaes are also fooling around, they made sure Jake knew that they weren't happy with him.

"I-"

"Wait why do you guys look like that?" Jake whispered back to Heeseung.

"Well you left us without warning so of course they are mad" heeseung sighed. The 02z looked at him.

"I was just helping Karina. She needs help because of her legs, you know" he explained, loud enough for everyone on the table to hear.

Aerin heard it but she kept quiet and continued fangirling with Hanee.

"Does she not have other friends?" Sunghoon asked, sipping his drink.

"What's wrong with her asking me for help? I wanted to help anyway" Jake shrugged. Everyone on the table looked at him, except for Aerin.