42. Clear Boundaries

"What are you doing up there? Get down" Aerin quickly turned when she heard Jeno's voice.

He was walking towards them with his hands in his pockets.

"What were you thinking about making her sit up there? She could fall at any moment" he glared at Jaemin. Jeno held out his arms, asking her to get down.

Aerin smiled and leaned against the edge of the shelves. She struggled to reach for the floor.

"You know what would happen if she got hurt" he continued as he grabbed her waist and carried her down like a small kid.

'oh'

"Come on man, it's just the shelves, it's not even that high" Jaemin mumbled, clearly annoyed with Jeno's unnecessary naggings.

Jeno fixed her hair, eyes still on Jaemin.

"Yeah but one wrong move and she could-"

"Jeno, I'm fine. See? I got down safely. Jaemin was looking out for me too anyway" she smiled at Jaemin while he shrugged in a 'see, i told you' way.

Jeno sighed, his hands still on her shoulders.

"What are you doing in our class anyway? Do you need something?" he turned to Aerin who was figuring out how to talk to him.

"I needed to talk to Jaemin about something.." she looked at Jaemin who was grinning at her.

She was even more restless knowing that she had to say something to Jeno there and then.

It would be too awkward to leave it there.

'Go on,' his eyes told her.

"Talk? About what?" his gaze went from her to Jaemin and to her again. 

Jaemin smirked. Aerin looked down at her shoes nervously until Jeno had to lift her head up.

"Why are you keeping quiet? Did something happen between you two?" he started frowning, backing away with a clenched fist. 

Aerin facepalmed.

"What are you talking ab-"

"Would you shut up and let her process her thoughts before you jump into conclusions?" Jaemin groaned as he leaned his head on the window.

"Then why is she hesitating like this? What did you do-"

"Okay enough. Jeno, we need to talk." she grabbed his arms and looked at him with pure seriousness.

Jeno's frown disappeared and he kept quiet. He looked nervous for some reason.

"Let's talk somewhere else" she started dragging him.

"Thanks Jaemin. We'll see you later" she waved Jaemin goodbye, while he gave her a small nod.

"Don't fucking screw up" Jaemin mouthed at Jeno before he got dragged away.

As she dragged him away she couldn't help but notice him being weirdly quiet.

"Did I maybe do something wrong? Did I hurt you again?" his voice sounded sad and defeated.

'Hurt me again? What is he talking about? Isn't it the opposite?'

Aerin pulled him to the school garden and made him sit.

Jeno obediently followed and looked at her nervously.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm not repeating myself so listen to me carefully" she cleared her throat.