28. Football Game

"Dumb. dumb as hell" Heeseung glared at Jake. 

The hyungline was having their free period so they decided to chill at the school field where they usually did their football practice. 

Jake told them what happened the night before, when he messed up. 

"What were you thinking?" Jay grunt in frustration. 

"Jake, be honest with us." Sunghoon looked into his eyes.

Jake, who was still feeling guilty and was bombarded with insults, just stared at him. 

"Do you have feelings for her, or not?" Sunghoon asked with all seriousness. 

Jake took a while to reply. He stared at the open field when he saw Karina with her friends walking past them, distracting him. 

"Jake!" Heeseung nudged him when he noticed him staring at her. 

"I-I don't know! Maybe? Yes? No?" he looked away, confused with his own feelings. 

"Just what is stopping you?!" Jay yelled.

"Look, I think I like Aerin, I really do but Karina. She needs me. And maybe I'm not really over her yet." he explained in one breath. 

"No, you're just being in denial. You love her dude! Look what you did during your date with Aerin."

"If you didn't like her, why would you call it a date? Why would you unknowingly make a freaking paper ring for her?" Sunghoon got frustrated. 

"Snap the fuck out of it. Why the hell would your feelings be back for Karina when you know what she did to you?" Jay groaned. 

"And about Karina, it's time to let her go. She's your past Jake. You took a hella long time to move on from her" It was Heeseung's turn to talk. 

"Don't let us experience it again. I never want you to go through that phase again. You have Aerin now. You've become happier."

"Don't let Karina destroy everything. Yes, she needs help, and yes you can help her, but leave a fucking boundary." Jay advised but Jake was sure that he was serious. 

"I- I don't know, guys.." Jake sighed and leaned. His mind was in a mess. 

"I'm just saying this...Don't give her any false hopes. You know what kind of trauma she went through with that Jeno guy, and now, you're giving her this kind of affection and attention. Obviously she will fall for it." Heeseung talked slowly. 

"She has been lonely for years. She wanted to be loved, but got abused instead. Do you really want her to suffer more with the false hopes you're giving her?" Heeseung asked. 

Jay and Sunghoon were shocked. Heeseung was never this serious. 

"Just..think before you do anything stupid, Jake" Heeseung stood up and took a deep breath. 

"Come on, let's not waste time and practice. The tournament is tomorrow. We have to win against that NCIT school."

"There's no way in hell we're gonna lose to that school." Heeseung said with a stern voice and walked away to the field. 

-

"Hey, you alright?" Eric and Jaehyun tapped her shoulder when they noticed her dazing out in class for the whole day. 

"Oh yeah, I'm good," Aerin stretched and smiled. She saw Wonyoung and Chuu approaching her too. 

"What's bothering you?" Wonyoung hugged her arms. 

Aerin chuckled and shook her head. 

"I'm fine~ Don''t worry about me," she looked at her four classmates.