48 : Almost There

"Well, it seems like everything has been planned out. We will have the wedding a month from now." Dad nodded slowly, receiving warm smiles from everyone.

"I can't wait to have you in my family, Aerin. I appreciate your parents for giving their blessings" Eomma chuckled.

'They will give their blessings for anything if it benefits them' Aerin rolled her eyes.

"I'm so thankful to have you as my son in law. And Mrs Sim as our lifelong business partner" Mom clapped happily.

"I promise to take care of your daughter well, Mr Kim" Jake bowed.

"Oh thank you, Jake," he nodded.

-

"So, on the 11th, you will have a dress fitting session with Jake. So mark that on your calendar." Mom said as Aerin admired the ring on her finger.

"Aerin, are you listening to me?" Mom touched her shoulders and she snapped out of it.

"Ah yes, of course" she smiled happily, staring at the ring.

"You seem happy. I don't know what made you change your mind but I'm glad everything turned out well" Dad loosened his tie and looked out the window.

Aerin scoffed and stared out the window. 'Are you?'

-

"We're home" Eomma yelled and she immediately heard multiple footsteps running towards her.

"How was it?" Sunoo's face was full of curiosity.

"Did it go well?" Niki asked.

"Of course it did. It's Eomma and Jake.." Jay said, biting his lips in nervousness.

"She wasn't against it right?" Sunghoon frowned.

"Did she reject him?" Jungwon asked.

"She accepted, right??" Hanee yelled in worriedness.

Jake stepped into the house with a heartbroken face. Everyone's face looked down as soon as they saw his expression.

"Calm down everyone. Jake needs his space" Heeseung patted his shoulders.

"It's okay, hyung. Don't give up!" Sunoo tried cheering him.

"I'm..." Jake muttered out. "going to be a husband" he smiled in happiness as he lifted up his hand to show the ring.

"AH YESS!!" Everyone smiled and cheered.

"Ah thank god" Hanee grabbed a hold of Heeseung's arm in relief.

"Thank you Eomma. I'm so damn happy right now" he hugged her tight. God knows what he would do without her.

"Now is not the time to thank me yet, son. We still have to get rid of her parents" she pulled away with a smile.

"But I'm still trying to figure out a way" she sighed, staring hard at the vase of flowers.

"About that.." Jake held her hand tight.

"Let me and my fiancee work on it. I kind of have a plan but I will have to go through her first" he smirked when he saw the shock faces of his brothers when he called Aerin his fiancee.

"Well i will be damned" Heeseung took a deep breath before eying his girlfriend whose eyes were full of hope.

"Oh? If that's what you want, I'll stop here then" eomma pinched his cheeks before sighing in relief.

-

Days passed and the date of their dress fitting got closer. Both Jake and Aerin were on calls everyday for almost the entire day. Aerin got nervous as their wedding day got nearer.