31. Dear Diary

Aerin dragged her feet across the hallway. She just got punished for coming late.

She was told to come for detention later after school.

It wasn't her intention to come to school late. She just got distracted and missed...a few buses?

Aerin walked through the quiet hallways. Of course, everyone was in class.

"Annyeonghaseyo" she opened the classroom door and everyone looked at her.

Especially her squad, Wonyoung, Chuu, Jaehyun and Eric. They had a worried look on their faces.

"Late Kim Aerin?" The teacher looked at her. Aerin nodded slowly.

"This isn't like you. I hope this won't happen again" she warned and Aerin nodded again.

"Go to your seat"

Aerin slightly smiled and went to her seat. She put down her bag and took out her pencil case.

She looked up and saw her friends looking at her worriedly. She pulled off a small smile and waved.

"Aerin, are you okay?" Jaehyun tapped her arm.

"Yeah, why would I not be?" she chuckled.

"You're never late..what happened? Why didn't you come with the rest?" Jaehyun started asking her questions.

"I just missed a few buses. I told them to head to school first. I had something to do before school" she explained with a smile.

Jaehyun stared at her.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he got more worried.

"Jaehyun, I'm fine! Don't worry about me" Aerin smiled happily. She pointed to the board, telling him to focus.

Jaehyun hesitated but he looked back to the board.

"Oh and don't tell them that I have detention later okay? Just tell them that I need to study with you later. Please?" Aerin pleaded.

Jaehyun's eyes widened.

"You got detention? For being late?" He was shocked.

"I was an hour late and I accidently vandalised a school property on the way to school but still. Help me please?" Aerin lied.

Not only was she late, she was at the school rooftop all along. She was skipping class and started drawing stuff on the wall because she was too bored. She wanted to clear her head but got caught by a teacher instead.

"I- Aerin, what were you thinking??" Eric frowned when he heard the conversation.

Even he himself never got detention. He got one, and that was because he accidently kicked the football to a window.

"Eric, please don't tell them too" Aerin begged the both of them.

"Please?? Just do me this favour and I won't bother you ever again" she smiled, eyes sparkling at Jaehyun.

'What does she mean by not bothering me ever again?' Jaehyun frowned.

"Okay fine," Jaehyun sighed and looked back to the board, uneased.

He side eyed Aerin and noticed that she was staring into space. She wasn't paying attention.

Her smile was fake. She seemed different.

'Just what is going on with her?'

-

School ended. Aerin, Wonyoung, Chuu, Eric and Jaehyun sat together just to hang out for a whole, just like how they promised the previous day.