38. Ice Cream

- Jake POV -

You ran to Karina and saw her holding onto her ankle, groaning in pain.

"Hey, I'm here. Are you okay?" he knelt down in front of her.

"I just tripped and fell and now my ankle hurts" she winced in pain.

"Okay, let's get you to the nurse office" he picked her up in bridal style and rushed to the nurse office.

"You don't have to rush, Jake. I'm fine" Karina smiled at you.

'That's not the point. I left Aerin just so I could go to you. Hopefully she's doing great. Why do you have to get injured? Out of all times?'

You barged into the nurse's office and sat her down on the chair. You look around, trying to find the nurse.

"Where is she?" you mumbled under your breath. You looked at Karina's ankle and she was grabbing onto it tight.

"Does it really hurt?" you sighed and knelt down.

Karina stayed quiet and nodded. The door suddenly opened and the nurse came in.

"Oh my, are you okay?" the nurse instantly knelt down to check on her ankle.

You fiddle with your fingers, worried about both Karina and Aerin at the same time.

'Hurry up..I want to go to Aerin..'

"Ahh, it's just a slight cramp. It's not sprained" the nurse said and Jake heaved a sigh of relief.

"It would hurt to walk though" the nurse looked over to you.

"I think it's better to stay by her side until she goes home. Just in case" the nurse smiled at you.

'Stay with her? Until we head home?'

"You can stay with me, right Jake?" Karina looked at you with hopeful eyes.

'Fuck'

"Yeah, sure," you replied shortly.

"Right, you both may go now. I advise you not to push yourself too hard" the nurse looked at Karina with stern eyes.

"Yes, thank you!" she bowed and grabbed onto your arm for support. You bowed and quickly left the nurse office, eager to know any news about the archery games.

"Whoa, slow down Jake" Karina said and you snapped out of your thoughts.

"Right, sorry" you forced a smile and saw Aerin's class pres walking in the hallway. You decided to stop him.

"Hey, did Aerin win?" you asked him. He smiled and nodded.

"She scored 10 points for the last round and won the match" he looked over to his clipboard.

You instantly smiled.

'Yes!! She won!'

"But..something happened-"

"Jake, my ankle hurt. Can we sit somewhere?" Karina tapped your arm.

"Karina.."

The class pres looked at you and Karina. He then looked at her ankle.

"She looks desperate. You should help her" the class pres looked at her up and down and walked away.

"I'm sorry but it really hurts.."she smiled innocently.

"It's fine.." you looked away, slightly annoyed.

"Jake, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"