49 : [Final] D-Day

“Miss Aerin!! Is it true that your parents were abusing you mentally and physically?”

“Is it also true that they were abusing their workers which are the drivers??”

“Not to mention about the dirty business they had undercover. Are they all true?”

Aerin was bombarded with questions as soon as she left the company building. Cameras and flashes were shoved into her face. 

“Please step away!” Mr Kang yelled as he guarded Aerin from the reporters. 

Aerin looked up and tucked her hair behind her ears, revealing the bruises and hand mark on her cheeks. 

“Please calm down everyone. Yes, it’s true that I have been enduring their abuse for a long time."

"And as you can see from the news, few of my parent’s employees have spoken up about the abuse they also had to endure. With the anonymous evidence, we managed to finally expose them once and for all” she explained slowly into the mics. 

“Will you be taking over the company then??”

“Yes, I will be taking over the company and will try my best to turn the company into a new and better company.” she put on a pitiful look. 

“Are you getting married to Jake Sim? The son of another successful company??”

“Was he the one who helped you through your hard times?”

Aerin showed a gentle smile. 

“Yes, I am engaged to Jake Sim, future CEO of Sim Corps. He and other friends of mine helped me a lot. And thanks to them, i am finally brave enough to stand against my parents” 

“Thank you, That is all” she ended her sentence with a bow but questions were still thrown at her. 

“Please make way” she heard Jake’s voice from a distance and the cameras began snapping pictures of them every second. 

“Come on baby” he held onto her arms and guided her through the crowd of reporters and towards the car. 

"Make way for my Fiancee" he said his cool voice which made Aerin blush.
“Get to the car” he ordered Mr Dany and he ran to the driver’s seat. 

After much effort, they finally got into the car safely and made their way to their home. 

“My god” Aerin sighed as she wiped the sweat from her forehead. 

“You’ve done well, Aerin. I’m so proud of you” he pulled her into a hug. Aerin grinned happily while her guard and driver nodded happily to their success. 

"Now we can get married peacefully" Aerin leaned her head against his shoulders, staring at both their rings side by side.

-
“And here comes the couple!!” the hyungs yelled as soon as they entered the house. 

“Ahh enough” Jake blushed, holding onto her hand tight. 

“Congrats noona, your parents are now going to live dreadfully in jail” Ni-ki pointed to the tv, showing her parents getting pinned against the wall and cuffed up.

All articles of the illegal trading were also on. Different pictures of her, announcing about her taking over the company.

She bit her lips, unsure whether to be happy or nervous.

‘What happens after they come out in a few years time? Will I be in danger again?

“You’ll be okay little sister. Don’t look so worried. It’s a happy day for you” Hanee rested her arms around her shoulders.