40. Long Wait

Da-Eun was patiently waiting for her outside of her class. Once she saw Aerin walking out, she clung her arms to hers.

"Hey, let's head to the cafeteria." she smiled, guiding her to the cafeteria. As they walked, everyone avoided eye contact with Aerin.

No one dared to even say hi.

"Why is everyone suddenly trying to avoid eye contact with me?" Aerin asked, looking around. Da-Eun grinned.

"After they came back from the match with your..previous school, your parents contacted Jeno. They threatened him to tell them everything that had happened. They said that they will send you overseas if he doesn't tell them everything.."

"They knew you both dated so they didn't hesitate to use that against him. Since Jeno still loves you, he had no choice but to tell them everything" Da-eun explained.

Aerin couldn't believe whatever she had just heard. Jeno still loves her? What bullcrap.

"Jeno still loves me? That's nonsense" she shook her head.

Da-Eun chuckled.

"Believe it or not, he does. After you left, he almost went insane. Yeah, for sure he became more violent knowing he had to let you go.."

"Aerin..he really does love you. But the way he expresses it is just different and toxic. But after he knew what your parents had done to you, he tried to change, He tried controlling his anger. He stopped fooling around, especially with Areum."

"Speaking of Areum, he hated her a lot. Yeah, he did a mistake when he kissed her during your relationship, but he kept saying how he regrets mistreating you" she continued, looking at Aerin's expression to know whether to carry on or not.

"Even I am shocked. I know, it might be hard for you to forgive him. But just know that he is trying. Along with his group of friends."

"They only listen to him..so when they notice him trying to change, they do too"

"And about these people, Jeno made an announcement to the whole school that you were coming back and told them to stay away and to not even touch you."

"You could say that he threatened the whole school." Da-Eun ended her explanation.

Aerin was lost in words.

"What the hell?" she looked at Da-Eun. Da-Eun chuckled and nodded.

"Okay, see it for yourself then" she dragged her to the cafeteria.

When they entered the cafeteria, they approached the guys who were talking to each other.

When they noticed them approaching, they all made space for the both of them, quietening down.

"H-Hey" Chenle said as his sister sat down beside him. Da-Eun felt the awkward tension and held in her laugh.

"Hey?" Aerin stood near the table awkwardly.

"You can sit beside me.." Jeno cleared his right space for her.

"If you want to of course" he added as he cleared his throat. He seemed like he was trying to get his shit together.

"Uhh sure" she sat down beside him.

"Uhm don't worry. Areum hasn't been sitting with us for months now" Jeno whispered to her while she nodded slowly.

The whole table was quiet. The guys stole glances from each other. It was so quiet that Aerin could hear the ringing sound in her ears.

"Okay that's enough, someone say something. Continue with your conversation" she rubbed her temple.