꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚠𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚜 𝙳𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

THE SOUND OF GLASS BREAKING
filled the Salvatore house which had never really been a home, not for a long time anyway, the fire flamed brightly, growing with the alcohol that was thrown in as Skyler walked in.

"Here to kill me?" Damon questioned, standing in the foyer beside the fire facing away from her.

"No," She told him, "I'm here to talk."

Skyler walked further into the house, approaching her brother but leaving enough room so that they were separated.

"Why? I killed Jeremy. There's nothing to talk about." Damon responded harshly, still, he didn't turn to look at her even as she sat down on the couch behind him.

"You didn't." Skyler said, settling in, she was confident he wouldn't hurt her, maybe too confident. "Kill Jeremy, that is. The kid's tough," he scoffed at her words.

"I drained him." Damon told her, "Watched the light drain from his eyes. He's dead."

"He was dead." Skyler replied, "He's not anymore."

"That's impossible." He exclaimed, turning around to look at her for the first time, she smirked triumphantly.

His eyes gleamed with tears unshed. Damon was never weak, however strong men cried too.

"Like someone looking exactly like Katherine?" She questioned raising an eyebrow, "Clearly, the Gilberts don't follow the rules."

Damon swallowed, his jaw clenching as he brought up his shields once more, not daring to be seen vulnerable in front of his potentially angry sister.

"What are you doing here Skyler?" He questioned studying her, searching for answers in her eyes.

He found none.

"To talk." She repeated.

Damon scowled, "We talked. Now leave."

Skyler chuckled darkly, crossing her legs as she summoned both her inner Elijah and Klaus, narrowing her eyes at her older brother, she spoke firmly, her voice never wavering or increasing, steady and calm in a scary sense, "Sit."

__________

Skyler spent the day holed up in her room, texting Kol and Rebekah to avoid the family drama in Mystic Falls, and then she heard Stefan get home.

"Crap." She muttered, shooting a text to Kol so he knew what was going on and didn't freak when she randomly stopped texting him while Katherine was in town.

Sitting up, she swung her legs over the side of the bed, checking her hair in the mirror to make sure it wasn't a total mess before going downstairs in case she needed to break up any fights.

"I'm not hungry." Stefan told Damon as Skyler made her way down the stairs, "Just ate."

"Aren't you worried that one day all the forest animals are gonna band together and fight back?" Damon asked jokingly, Skyler snorted, grabbing a glass of bourbon and blood.

"I mean surely they talk." Skyler commented, "Gossip about the scary Bambi killer in town."

"I'm just happy that's a, uh--" Stefan pointed to Damon's glass, "A blood bag and not a sorority girl supplying your dinner."