Chapter 29

Author's pov

It was a Sunday morning. Jungkook was sleeping peacefully in his bed.

Someone knocked on his bedroom door. He stirred in his sleep but didn't make any attempt to get up. The knocking sound came once again. This time their butler Seokjin came inside.

"Young master, you should get up.  Your father is calling you downstairs" Seokjin said.

Jungkook sat up groggily, still dazed from the sleep. He nodded vaguely and dismissed Seokjin with a wave of his hand.
The butler bowed and went out of the room closing the door behind him.

When Jungkook sobered up he checked his mobile and saw it's only 8 in the morning. He groaned loudly.

"This old man! At least let me sleep on Sundays!" He wailed to no one in perticular. Then got out of the bed and went towards the bathroom while scratching his crotch area.

After finishing his morning routine, he came out of the bathroom and went to the dressing table to comb his hair. At that time the door of his room opened again. But this time it wasn't Seokjin .

A very sweaty Jimin entered in the room. He was wearing a black tank top which was sticking to his chest outlining his pectoral muscles perfectly. And his black leggings were hugging his legs oh so deliciously.

Jungkook's eyes raked over Jimin's body in a not so subtle manner.

Jimin looked at him and raised one eyebrow.

"What ?" He asked.

Oops! He got caught red handed.

"Why do you look like a tsunami survivor ?" Jungkook questioned mockingly.

Jimin snorted .
"Well I'm not some rich brat who would sleep like a bear in hibernation. I practice taekwondo in my free days" He said then went to the closest to grab a change of clothes leaving a speechless and annoyed Jungkook behind.

How is he going to make his plan work if they always bicker like this? Jungkook thought before deciding to take small steps.

_______________________________

"Oh there you are, come sit . I have to talk to you about this important deal with Mr. Lee's company" Mr. Jeon said when he saw Jungkook coming downstairs.
Jungkook nodded and sat beside his dad on a chair in the dining room.

Few minutes later Jimin came downstairs . And from the looks of it, he has just came out of shower. He was wearing white sweat pants and a black t-shirt. But it should be illegal how he made those simple piece of clothing look so good on him .

Jungkook adverted his eyes and invested his attention to his father.

Jimin went inside the kitchen and wore an apron before starting to make breakfast.

Mrs. Jeon flew to the kitchen when she saw Jimin chopping vegetables. Jimin said her to just sit on a chair but she insisted on helping him. Jimin gave up after several tries . They were chatting merrily and laughing at silly jokes while cooking.

The little giggles caught Jungkook's attention . He looked at the kitchen to see his mom and Jimin being happy. It was as if Jimin was her own son. She used to act like this with him when he was a young child but now....
Now she looks at him either with sadness or with disappointment. Though Jungkook never admits it, it hurts not being able to communicate with his parents properly, not being able to make them smile.

He sometimes gets jealous of Jimin. How can he so easily embrace people as his own ? Like they're a part of his family. He occasionally wishes that he had such a trouble free relation with his parents.

A hard giggle snatched Jungkook's attention from his depressing thoughts to Jimin who had both eyes closed as he was laughing at something Mrs. Jeon probably said.

If Jungkook was paying half of his attention to Mr. Jeon before, he wasn't even paying the quarter of his attention to his father now.
He was just dumbly staring at Jimin.
Jimin's laugh was contagious . That smile really looked good on him.

Mr. Jeon stoped talking after sensing the lack of response from his son. He looked up from his papers and caught his son gawking at Jimin. He wanted to laugh but decided not to. He turned towards his butler and made eye contact with him. He pointed towards his son with his eyes .

Seokjin looked at Jungkook then to Mr. Jeon and delivered a smile.
"He is gone" he said snickering.

That seemed to shake Jungkook off of his dreaming session. He looked at his father and asked stupidly, "Who's gone? To where ?"

Mr. Jeon howled with laughter slapping his knee . Jungkook stared at him weirdly. What was so funny ? He ignored them as he stole another glance at Jimin .

_________________________________

Mrs. Jeon and Jimin set up the table and waited another five minutes for Y/N to come downstairs.

When Y/N joined them they started eating. The food was amazing. Jimin usually makes breakfast and dinner on the work days but on the weekends he cooks all three meals.

And Jungkook secretly enjoys eating home cooked meals these days.

But something unexpected happened today at the end of the breakfast.

When everyone was thanking Jimin for the breakfast- 

"Ah the food was delicious" Mr. Jeon said .

"Yeah it was tasty" Jungkook agreed .

Y/N spitted water out of her mouth in surprise.
"Oh god I'm sorry . But what did he say ?" Y/N asked imitating that one meme .

Small steps yeah small steps..Jungkook reminded himself why he was doing this.

"What ? I just stated something obvious" he said as nonchalantly as he could .

Everyone looked surprise including Jimin. Whose eyes were (in Jungkook's opinion) adorably wide, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Ugh ! What wrong with you guys? I'm going upstairs" Jungkook said trying not to look embarrassed. He stood up and strode towards the stairs.

"Uh...that was new ?" Y/N said turning her head robotically towards Jimin who nodded and said, "Indeed it was"

that was new ?" Y/N said turning her head robotically towards Jimin who nodded and said, "Indeed it was"

Just look at this adorable creature 🥺💓

So...Jungkook got embarrassed huh ? 😂😂
More Jikook moments coming in the next chapters 🐰🐥

Bye 👋🏼💜