Chapter 46

Author's pov

Mr. Jeon told his butler, Seokjin, to drive him to Jimin's work place.
Mustering up some courage, the old man entered in the school after explaining to the watchman that he needs to see the principal.

He asked the students where the staff room for teachers was. The direction led him to a door. He knocked on it and it was opened by none other than Jimin's friend, Yoongi.

"Mr. Jeon ?" Yoongi asked looking confused.

"Please come inside and have a seat" he opened the door wider for the other man to enter.

"Would you like to drink something ? Tea or coffee ?" Yoongi asked.
Mr. Jeon shook his head.

"No no I'm fine. I'm actually here to say something" he said.

"What brings you here sir ?"

"Sorry for bothering at this time but can I talk to Jimin for a moment?" Mr. Jeon said .

"Of course but he's in class right now. It'll end soon though. Just wait for ten more minutes" Yoongi answered.

As Yoongi said, ten minutes later the bell rang and the said male came to the staff room. Jimin was surprised to see Jungkook's father here.

"Dad ?" The term just slipped past Jimin's lips naturally upon seeing the old man. He appeared distraught.

"Jimin, son, please help this old man" Mr. Jeon pleaded .

"What are you saying dad ? I don't understand"

"Jungkook.....he tried to kill himself" Mr. Jeon uttered shocking the other two.

"WHAT ?! Dad is t-this because of...me?" Jimin mumbled with dread.

"No Jimin, don't blame yourself for his foolish acts. His guilty conscience made him do this because...this isn't the first time"

"W-what...he tried to commit suicide before?" Jimin stuttered.

"Yes. Four days ago...he cut his wrist and nearly bled to death. If my butler hadn't checked on him...." Mr. Jeon's sentence trailed off as he rubbed his face with both hands.

"And this time he took sleeping pills. He's admitted to the ICU. We still don't know if he will survive or not. Y/N and his mom aren't at their best mental state right now"

"I'm absolutely helpless. You are the only person who can help us go through this situation. Please don't turn me down with empty hands I beg y-"

"Don't..dad" Jimin cut the man off . He kneeled down beside Jungkook's father and held his clasped hands.

"Parents don't plead to their children"

"I will go with you to the hospital"

Mr. Jeon's eyes broadened.

"You will ?" He asked. Jimin nodded his head in affirmation.

"Thank you Jimin. We need you...Jungkook needs you"

__________________________________

After taking permission from the principal, Jimin got into Mr. Jeon's car.
The vehicle stopped outside of the hospital. Jimin got out with Mr. Jeon and headed inside. They took a lift to the third floor.

As the elevator door opened, Jimin saw two familiar figures at far end of the hallway. He ran to them.

Y/N, who looked worn out from crying, looked up hearing footsteps. She stared at Jimin's direction with disbelief.

"Jimin oppa ?"

At the mention of Jimin's name, Mrs. Jeon lifted her head from her daughter's shoulder.

"Jimin ?!" She exclaimed, getting up from her seat. She engulfed the younger in a hug.

Jimin held her as she mourned in his shoulder.

"Please d-don't leave us now Jimin"

"Don't worry mom...I won't" Jimin reassured leading the woman to sit on a chair.

They sat outside the ICU, praying to God for Jungkook's recovery.

Two and a half hour later the door of the ICU opened and the doctors came out. Mr. and Mrs. Jeon ran to them .

"How is my son, doctor?" Jungkook's mother asked.

"The gods were on his side. It's a miracle that he survived. His body was already in a terrible condition and the sleeping pills worked like gasoline in fire. He's more stable now. You can visit him after ten to fifteen minutes but please don't try to wake him up. He'll be asleep for a few more hours"

"And someone has to stay with the patient for the next twenty four hours because his body won't function properly for a day" the doctor said.

"Thank you so much doctor, thank you!" Mr. Jeon said gratefully.

Jungkook's father sat down in exhaustion after the doctor walked away.

Jimin felt like a rock was lifted up from his chest and he could breath normally again. He really wanted to cry from relief but prevent himself from doing so. He's going to smack that idiot when he wakes up.

A nurse came out few minutes after and informed them that they could visit the patient but one by one.

Mrs. Jeon went first, then Mr. Jeon. When Y/N went inside, Jimin spoke , "Mom, dad please go home with Y/N. I'll stay here"

The couple looked at him like he was an unearthly creature.

"What are you saying Jimin ? We will manage-"

"No dad. I will stay here" Jimin stated leaving no room for any further arguments.

Y/N came out and told Jimin to go inside. He nodded and before entering the room, said, "Take care of for me, yeah ?"

Y/N smiled and gave a thumbs up. Jimin patted her head and walked away.

When he entered in the room where Jungkook was, his breathing stopped for a moment. Jungkook was laying on a hospital bed with an oxygen mask and saline on . He was connected to a monitor that showed his heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature.

Jimin quietly pulled a stool to sit beside the older. His heart cracked painfully looking at Jungkook's state. He looked so fragile as if he would break if a strong gush of wind hits him.

Mrs. Jeon tip toed inside the room.
"Jimin, sweetie, why don't you come with us ? Then we can visit Jungkook when he wakes up?" She whispered.

"No mom. I'll stay here until he wakes up. Please go home and don't stress about this too much" Jimin whispered back.

Mrs. Jeon sighed. This boy was hard to convince.
"Okay honey. I'll send food, you better finish them" she said, giving him a hug then walked out.

Jimin stared at Jungkook blankly.
He grabbed the left side of his chest as tears silently streamed down his cheeks.

"You moron...."

MarriedThat's the only one word that comes to my head after looking at this picture 😆😆

Married
That's the only one word that comes to my head after looking at this picture 😆😆