Chapter 43

Author's pov

Jimin reached his parents' place at 5:30 in the morning. He paid the driver and got out of the car with his luggage. He stared at the house where he grew up. So many memories are connected to this house.

He hesitated to knock on the door. It was still too early. What if he disturbs their sleep. He decided to wait outside until 6 o'clock. Sitting down on the porch, he started scrolling through his mobile but his mind was going back to Jungkook again and again. He sighed shakily holding his head with his hands.

Jimin sat there for more than half an hour. At some point he started dozing off. The tiredness and lack of sleep was making it harder for him to stay awake.
He jolted up when he heard someone calling his name.

"Jimin-ah?" It was Mrs. Park.

Jimin stood up awkwardly.

"How long have you been sitting here ? Why didn't you ring the bell?" His mother questioned.

"Not for too long mom. Maybe..." He dragged the word while taking out his phone. It showed 7 a.m .

"For ten minutes now" Jimin lied putting the phone back in his pocket.

"Honey, are you sure everything is fine between you and Jungkook?" Mrs. Park asked looking concerned.

"Yes mom. Everything is okay...please believe me"

Mrs. Park didn't push her son's limits after hearing the vulnerability in his voice . She let him inside. Something was definitely wrong and being Jimin's mother, she sensed it.

_________________________________

Jungkook started stirring in his sleep. His hand automatically went to his side to feel for a familiar presence. But the place was empty and cold.
He opened his eyes looking for his husband.

He checked the bathroom ; the door was unlocked and no one was inside.
Jungkook just shrugged it off thinking the latter must be downstairs. He decided to freshen up and take a shower.
He was ready in an hour and it was only eight a.m .

Jungkook got downstairs and saw his parents and Y/N already at the table.

"Good morning" he greeted everyone.

"Hm good morning son" Mr. Jeon said back.

"Where is Jimin, son ? He normally wakes up earlier than us. Is he sick ?" Jungkook's mother asked.

Jungkook frowned hearing that. Isn't Jimin in the kitchen.

"What do you mean? Isn't he preparing breakfast?" Jungkook inquired.

"No. The maids are making breakfast today" Y/N answered.

"But he isn't in the bedroom" Jungkook stated.

"Wait let me call him" he added fishing his phone out of his pant pocket.

Jungkook heard three rings before the call went to voicemail. He cut the call with a puzzled expression. He tried a few more times and the same thing happened. He wasn't dumb, he knew that Jimin was cutting his calls.

The other three people looked at him expectantly.

"He isn't picking up my calls.." Jungkook said with a dry voice.

"Let me look for him in the garden" Jungkook spoke already walking to the direction where the garden was.

There too, was no sign of Jimin. Now worry was starting to creep up in him. Where could he be ?

"Did you find him ?" Mr. Jeon asked as Jungkook got inside.

"No..."

"Y/N went to search for him upstairs" Mrs. Jeon said.

"Did you ask the maids ?" Jungkook ventured.

"Yes, they said they haven't seen Jimin this morning" Mrs. Jeon replied.

Jungkook ran his hand through his hair.

Y/N came down looking out of breath.

"I...hah! Searched for him in every room calling his name but he is nowhere to be found"

Where did the younger go without telling anyone ? And he's declining his calls too.
With a frustrated sigh Jungkook went upstairs to call Taehyung.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Jungkook searched for Taehyung's contact.

After a few rings the said male picked up the call.

"What's up Jungkook?" Taehyung said from the other line.

"Tae I c-can't find Jimin . He's missing since this morning and isn't even picking up my calls. I-I don't know what to do" Jungkook sounded exasperated.

"Hey hey calm down first. Are you sure he isn't inside the mansion?"

"I've looked everywhere! He isn't here"

"Hm....don't worry too much, we'll figure something out" Taehyung assured.

"If something h-happens to him I'll never be able to forgive myself Tae"

Taehyung could feel his friend's fear from the other side.

"I'll ask Yoongi about Jimin. They're good friends and colleagues. I'll call you as soon as I get any information regarding him" Taehyung said .

"Thank you Tae"

"Try to handle this situation calmly, okay? I'll hang up now"

Jungkook hummed in response as Taehyung cut the call.

Jungkook closed his eyes putting his phone away. He pulled on his hair with both hands . What went wrong? Did he left in an emergency? Then why isn't he answering his calls.

As Jungkook opened his eyes, his gaze fell on a bunch of papers on the nightstand.
Squinting his eyes, he brought them closer to get a better look.

His heart stopped after looking at the heading. It was the property transfer paper he made a few months ago.

Oh no no no !

This is a joke, isn't it ?
How could he forget to throw these away. His initial plan was to fool Jimin into signing the papers but as he realised his feelings for the younger, the plan felt irrelevant.

Jungkook's eyes trailed lower and there was Jimin's signature. It felt harder to breath when he realised that Jimin left him because of his stupidity.

Tears pooled in Jungkook's reddening eyes as he whispered to himself,

"Oh god....what have I done..."

Out of context, but Jungkook's vampire concept is fire 🔥