Chapter 38

Author's pov

"How dare you try to fool me huh ?!" Jungkook yelled grabbing the collar of Seongwha's bathrobe.

"It was that gold digger, wasn't it ? I know it. That cunning bastard.." Seongwha said, now getting angry.

Jungkook saw red when Seongwha used vulgar slurs for Jimin. He gripped the shorter's neck viciously choking the air out of him. Jungkook made Seongwha look at him in the eyes.

The younger of the two was clawing at Jungkook's forearm to free his neck. But Jungkook only increased the pressure.

"Listen here you son of a bitch, say one more thing about Jimin and I'll fucking end you right here right now with my bare hands" Jungkook said menacingly. His eyes were holding fire .

Seongwha's face was turning blue and  eyes were rolling back at this point. With a harsh shove Jungkook let go of his neck. Seongwha fell on the floor.

He was taking big gulps of air and coughing agressively holding his neck that has a red handprint on it now.
Jungkook crouched down infront of him and tilted his head to the side.

"I'm done with your greedy ass. And don't you dare to be around me or any of my family members" Jungkook stated giving a cold glare to the other.

With wide and glassy eyes Seongwha looked at Jungkook scandalously.
"What do you mean by 'done' ?! You're leaving me for someone like him ?!" He screeched.

Jungkook took a hold of his jaw and put enough pressure to hurt him.

"Oh don't try to compare your filthy self to him ! You're disgusting. You're nothing like him and can never be like him!"

He let go of Seongwha's jaw and stood up straightening his shirt.
"I was blind, should've left you a long time ago. But better late than never." Jungkook said.

"Don't ever show your ugly face to me" Jungkook said turning his back to Seongwha and walking away.

He heard the scream of Seongwha, when he was near the stairs. He got out of the mansion and got inside his car. He drove straight to a bar. It was a stressful day indeed.

__________________________________

On the other hand, Jimin felt  apprehensive about Jungkook being late. He usually comes home around 6 to 6:30 p.m and he never misses having dinner with them. And the incident about Seongwha was adding fuel to the fire. He was continuously on edge. He tried to make his heart  believe that Jungkook was just extra busy today but now it was getting out of hand .
His parents were also concerned about him. Jimin managed to send them to their rooms.

It was 12:25 a.m . Jimin was sitting on the living room couch waiting for Jungkook to return home. He couldn't stop bouncing his leg. It's a habit when he gets worried or anxious.

His head was full with thoughts like, what if someone kidnapped him? Or worse, what if he got into an accident?

But his sea of thoughts disappeared as soon as he heard the doorbell. He ran hurriedly to open the door.

To his relief, he saw Namjoon supporting a very drunk Jungkook. Jimin secretly thanked God that Jungkook wasn't injured. Namjoon smiled sheepishly at him.

"Sorry, this brat must've made you all worried with his antics. He called me after getting wasted and told me to drive him home" Namjoon sighed shaking his head.

"Oh god! I'm so sorry Namjoon-ssi" Jimin apologized immediately going to help Namjoon carry Jungkook inside.

"Haha it's ok . I'm basically used to it although he didn't get drunk in a while"

They sighed in exhaustion after dropping Jungkook on his bed.

"Strawbewwy mochi nom nom~" Jungkook suddenly slurred smacking his lips together.

Namjoon and Jimin looked at each other before exploding with laughter.

"I should get going now. It's pretty late" Namjoon said taking a glance at his wristwatch.

"Thank you very much for driving him home. And please drive safely on your way back" Jimin said bowing.

"Don't mention it. Bye and good night" Namjoon spoke flashing a smile.

Jimin went with Namjoon to see him off. When Namjoon's car disappeared from sight he closed the door and went back to his room.

But the atmosphere of the room was different. Jimin's eyes almost popped out of their sockets looking at Jungkook.

It's illegal to be this fine 🙂