Chapter 32

Author's pov

Jimin took the dirty dishes and put them in the sink . He wore gloves and an apron and got ready to wash the dishes. That's when someone entered in the kitchen . Jimin didn't turn back to see who it was and just assumed it was Mrs. Jeon who came to tell him to just leave it for the maids.

"Mom I can handle this . You need to sleep" Jimin said pouring a decent amount of soap on the scrubber.

"No it's me"

Hearing the deep voice of Jungkook, Jimin turned around with his mouth open.

"Oh uh my mistake" Jimin said quickly and turned his back to Jungkook.

But god knows what Jungkook was up to. Because the next sentence was a little bit too unexpected from Jungkook.

"Can I- Let me help you dry the dishes" the older of the two said standing beside Jimin.

The younger panicked and frantically waved his hands .

"You uh you don't have to . I can just do it by myself"

Jimin was obviously weirded out by the older's request. This is Jeon Jungkook we are talking about. He's a dandy who was never seen doing household work.

"I didn't ask . Now let me help and this will be done in no time" Jungkook stated grabbing a dry kitchen towel.

Jimin silently started washing the dishes and gave them to Jungkook one by one. Jungkook was doing his job surprisingly well, much to Jimin's surprise.

They were standing beside each other. The gap between their hips was less than a foot. Both of them were aware of the closeness but none of them commented on it.

Jungkook spoke up as Jimin handed him the last plate.

"Jimin ?" Jimin looked at Jungkook in astonishment when his name rolled out of the older's tongue. He blinked owlishly before responding.

"Uh yeah ?"

When Jimin thought the night couldn't get weirder, Jungkook's next words proved him wrong.

"I'm sorry"

"Eh ?! Ahem! I mean why ?" Jimin asked not finding anything else to say.

Jungkook put the towel on the counter and turned his whole body to Jimin . He scratched his nape almost looking nervous.

Jimin swiftly took his gloves off and washed his hands turning on the faucet. When he was done he turned it off and wiped his hands on his apron. He turned to Jungkook and made eye contact with the older.

Being the centre of Jimin's attention , made Jungkook fidgety. Jimin's curious blue orbs were boring holes into Jungkook's face. Those eyes reminded him of Egyptian lotus.
Jungkook cleared his throat to get out of his daze.

"I owe you many apologies" he paused for a moment then continued, "We started off on the wrong foot. My dad planning our sudden marriage, me being in a relationship with Seongwha and my lack of understanding made you go through some real trouble. I am deeply sorry for the things I've done.

You know, I wasn't mentally prepared to settle down and that's why I made some foolish choices . I was never an obedient son to my parents which caused me to drift apart from them with time. I started doing the opposite of what they told me to do. So when they broke the news of my marriage with you I wanted to make your life hell.

But now I understand that how childish I was. I'm truly sorry for the way I acted towards you. I hope you will be able to forgive me because I really want to get to know you" with this Jungkook stopped and looked at Jimin with nervous bambi eyes.

Jimin was still processing the speech given by Jungkook. There's no way this was real, right ? Jimin really needs someone to slap him hard on his face.

Seeing the younger's unmoving frame, Jungkook became uneasy.

"Um...Jimin ? Did I say something wrong?" The taller asked.

Jimin snapped back to reality and realised that he wasn't dreaming. Jungkook actually apologized to him and OH GOD DID HE JUST SAY 'GET TO KNOW HIM' ?!
The shorter male shifted his weight from one foot to another foot.

"No no you didn't say anything wrong. Actually it's just a lot to process" Jimin chuckled awkwardly but his chuckle died down as he asked, "And do you really wanna get to know me?"

Damn it ! He just had to become awkward at this moment. He wanted to facepalm .

"Don't worry take your time to analyse everything and yes, I would really like to get to know you better" Jungkook said as a tiny smile tugged his lips up.

Jimin's cheeks heat up and he looked away from Jungkook's face.

"It's ok Jungkook mistakes happen. I'm also sorry for my behaviour" Jimin said as he got out of the kitchen with Jungkook.

"And I think it would be nice to get to know you too" Jimin added in a small voice looking at the floor. Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise as they walked side by side to their bedroom with shy smiles .

Egyptian lotus 💙

Egyptian lotus 💙

Beautiful....just like Jimin 😌