Chapter 47

Author's pov

A nurse came to check on Jungkook. She removed the oxygen mask, seeing that he no longer needed it.

It was around 11 p.m. Jimin fell asleep waiting for the older to open his eyes. He would be starving if Mrs. Jeon hadn't sent food for him. He informed his parents about Jungkook's condition and said that he would be staying at the hospital for the night.
When the exhaustion took over him, his eyelids slowly closed.

To no one's notice , Jungkook's toe twitched. His body stirred and at the next moment, his eyes opened slowly. The bright light of the hospital room was too much for his eyes to bear.
He shut them and let out an inaudible groan.

The first thought he had was, I'm still....alive?

Jungkook opened his eyes again ; this time more immune to the brightness of the light.
He stared at the white celling and pondered why he wasn't dead yet. All his work went in vain .

A tear rolled down from the corner of his eye. He is so useless that he can't even die successfully.

He was lost in his own misery when something shifted near the side of his arm. His first instinct was to look sideways. And when he did, he thought he was dreaming.

Jimin was sleeping leaning his head on Jungkook's hospital bed. There's no way this is real. He's just hallucinating, isn't he ? And Jimin will disappear as soon as he tries to touch him.

Jungkook watched as the 'imaginary' Jimin scrunched his nose in his sleep. What?!

Jungkook's eyes broadened. With much difficulty, he sat up.
He hesitantly stretched a hand out to move a strand of hair from the younger's face and also to check if the latter was actually there.

He felt an electric shock in his abdomen as he successfully tucked the strand of hair behind Jimin's ear. So he was indeed real. And he was here for him.

Jungkook's heart ached . What if Jimin wakes up and decides to leave him? He won't be able to endure the pain. He is already into pieces.

He silently took the smaller's hand that was on the bed and held it with his own.

His brain wouldn't stop overthinking and heart couldn't stop palpitating. His hands became cold and sweaty ; they shook like the way a twig shakes during storm.

Tears fell from Jungkook's eyes and landed on Jimin's hand, that was between Jungkook's.

The wet feeling on his hand woke Jimin up. He slowly lifted his head up from the bed and squinted his eyes to see more clearly. One of his hands felt restricted by something. His gaze landed on the big hands grasping his smaller one and he immediately looked up only to meet the older's broken eyes.

"J-jungkook..." Jimin croaked out.

The said male looked unable to talk as he clutched Jimin's hands tightly.

"W-when did you wake up? What's wrong? Are you in pain ? I'll go and call the nurse"

"No!" Jungkook answered in a panicked voice.

"Don't go. I'll do anything just d-don't leave m-me please" He sobbed pitifully.
He was having a hard time breathing. He pressed Jimin's hand near his chest and Jimin felt how fast the older's heart was beating. His ears were red .

Then it clicked in Jimin's head that it was an anxiety attack. He sat on the edge of the bed.

"Jungkook, look at me" Jimin put his free hand on Jungkook's cheek to make the older look at him.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'll stay with you but you have to listen to me okay?"

"Slowly inhale, then exhale... like me...see how I'm doing it ? Deep breath in....deep breath out. Yes just like that. You're doing so good" Jimin praised while wiping the tears from Jungkook's cheeks with his unoccupied hand.

Eventually Jungkook's breathing came back to normal and his stance relaxed. Jimin pulled him in his embrace and caressed his back. Jungkook tucked his face in Jimin's neck, wrapping his hands around the younger's torso.

He felt calm. Jimin's hug felt like home.

"Y-you won't leave me again, right?" Jungkook muttered, still bring in Jimin's arms.

"I'm so sorry Jimin. I know I've h-hurt you. B-but I've changed please trust me. I never lied about my feelings to you. I love you more than anything...more than myself. The thought of you leaving me again kills me inside. I'm sorry if I sound paranoid" Jungkook said sniffling.

"If I wanted to leave , I wouldn't have come here in the first place" Jimin replied pulling away from the hug.

Suddenly he frowned and flicked Jungkook's forehead.

"You stupid bug! If someone tells you to jump off a cliff, you will do that ?!" Jimin's voice wavered as his eyes got moist.

Jungkook gave a sad smile and said, "If you tell me to die, I'll gladly give up my life. Just hold me in your arms when I'll take my last breat-"

"Stop it! Are you insane?!" Jimin cried out interrupting Jungkook.

"Stupid stupid stupid! I'll pull your ear if say that one more time!" Jimin said hugging Jungkook once again.

"Hit me, curse me all you want...just don't leave me....ever" Jungkook uttered returning the hug.

"I won't" Jimin murmured.

"I love you so much Jimin" Jungkook stated with a relived smile. Jimin's warm hug was the best thing in the whole world. He could drown in this warmth for his whole life.

Jimin hiccuped before replying,

"I love you too"

*Gay silence*

Two dumbasses in love *sigh* this is exhausting 😔✋🏼