Chapter 42

Author's pov

Jimin took the papers out of the closet and started searching for a pen. He was undeniably angry but the stronger emotion he felt, was disappointment. His expectations were too high . Now everything was clear. Jungkook never wanted him.

He signed on the papers after getting a pen. For now, he won't do anything. He won't even confront Jungkook about it. He'll just wait till night.

He has already caused Jungkook too many problems. The older will surely be happy knowing that the reason of his misery got out of his life without creating any drama.

Putting the papers under his pillow, Jimin dialled his mom's number. A few rings later she picked up.

"Hello...mom" Jimin said . His voice sounded weak .

"Jimin-ah ? You called after a long time. Did you forget your mother ? Haha" Mrs. Park chuckled from the other line.

"No mom it's actually not like that.." it felt harder to talk after hearing his mother's voice . How would she feel when she gets to know about his situation. She was so happy at his wedding.
Jimin just couldn't bring himself to spill the truth to her. It was like he was commiting a crime.

"What's wrong honey ? You sound different. Did you have a quarrel with Jungkook?" She questioned sensing her son's sadness.

"Ah..haha no mom. Everything is...okay with him" laughing self deprecatingly, Jimin swallowed the lump forming in his throat. He took a sharp breath to stop himself from breaking down and said , "I just miss you and dad.....very much"
His voice was barely above a whisper near the end of his sentence.

Tears fell from his eyes silently as he covered the truth with excuses.

"Oh Jiminie, we miss you too. The house is so empty without you" She stated sounding depressed.

"Can I....can I come over and stay for a few days?" Jimin asked insecurely as if they would abandon him when they become aware of the truth.

"Minie, it's your house too . You don't have to ask anyone to come here baba" She said ever so softly.

"Thanks mom" Jimin said in a choked tone.

"I-it's almost dinner time. I should go now mom" Jimin said checking the time.

"Oh okay dear. Take care of yourself and visit us whenever you can" Mrs. Park said .

"Yes mom. Bye , take care of yourself too" Jimin said before cutting the call.

He wiped his cheeks and calmed himself down as best as he could then got out of the bedroom.

_________________________________

Dinner was peaceful as usual but Jungkook sensed something wrong with Jimin. The younger smiled a lot less than he normally does. And it was bothering Jungkook.

"Is something not okay Jimin ? You can share with me" Jungkook offered when they were settled on their bed.

"Hm ?" Jimin jerked up as if he was deeply thinking about something.

"Ah no..nothing is wrong. It's just w-work pressure" Jimin concealed the main reason. It was ironic how the person who was reason of his quietness, was concerned about him.

"You can tell me anything. I'm always there for you" Jungkook smiled. The sincerity in his voice made Jimin want to laugh.

Lie ! These promises, confessions....all of them were just white lies ! Jimin wanted to scream. But isn't it his fault for believing them ?

"Thanks . Let's sleep now I feel really tired" Jimin uttered turning his back to Jungkook. The older turned the lights off and stared at Jimin's back for a while. Slowly his eyelids closed and he drifted off to dreamland.

Around 3 a.m Jimin got up from the bed without making much noise. He grabbed his suitcase, in which he brought his clothes in the Jeon mansion.

He got changed into something presentable then transferred all his clothes from the closet to that suitcase. He picked up his phone, charger and wallet from the nightstand.

Jungkook was deep asleep.

Jimin took the papers out from under his pillow and set them on the bedside table and put a paperweight on it.

He checked time in his phone. It showed 3:50 a.m . His ride, that he booked earlier, would arrive in ten minutes. He glanced at Jungkook for the last time as his eyes got watery . The older would be so happy next morning seeing the papers. Jimin quietly closed the door.

While getting out of the house, Jimin was thinking maybe this is how their story will end ; without a happy ending. Without someone precious by his side. Not everyone finds true love in their lives after all .

The look of betrayal in Jungkook's eyes 😭🤣🤣