Chapter 3- A Successful Ambush

Techno POV

Just a few more seconds. 

Wilbur shifted beside him, his hand grasping his sword. Techno grabbed his arm, preventing him from jumping up. "Not yet." he whispered, glancing across the road. He hadn't given the signal yet. 

The cart continued to roll closer and closer but still Techno kept a firm grip on Wilbur. He didn't want his brother to get hurt again. He couldn't risk it. Sure they weren't related by blood, but somehow that made them closer.

Then he saw it. The signal.

The two of them jumped to their feet, rushing towards the guards that circled the cart. The men were quick to unsheathe their swords, but they weren't prepared for the skill that came with the outlaws.

The rest of the group handled the rest of the guards, making sure their prize didn't go anywhere. 

Techno quickly disarmed his opponent, before helping Wilbur. Between the two of them they forced the men to the ground, quickly knocking them out. 

Looking around, Techno could see that the ambush had gone smoothly. The rest of the guards were on the ground, their arms tied behind their back.

Dream had his sword pressed against one of the men,  pushing him towards the cart. "Open it." he growled.

"You won't get away with this." the man hissed, whimpering in pain as the blade was pressed further into his back.

"You said the same thing last week." the blonde chuckled. "I suggest you stop wasting my time before I waste your life." Poison dripped from his words. Even with his mask on, it was easy to tell he was enjoying this.

The man grunted, cursing under his breath. He knew the king would kill him for this. Techno couldn't find sympathy for him, especially after what he did for a job. He moved towards the door of the cart, taking a ring full of keys and selecting one. Pushing the key into the lock, the door swung open.

Dream threw the man to the ground before moving to see what was in the cart. Sam was quick to tie down the man before moving to cure his own curiosity.

It was just as Dream had suspected, the largest amount of gold yet.

"Wow." George commented, his eyes wide. "There's enough in there to feed the entire town for months."

"That's exactly what we're going to use it for." Phil smiled.

Dream scoffed, moving out of the way. George and Sapnap rushed forward, piling the money into sacks. Techno looked towards Phil, who nodded as well, before doing the same. They filled the sacks with as much as they could before setting it on the ground and grabbing another.

"We'll take the south village." Dream decided, glancing towards the sky.

"We'll take the north village." Phil nodded. The two of them shook hands before turning away from each other.

All the money had been divided as evenly as possible, filling every sack they had brought.

"What about the men?" Wilbur suddenly asked, his eyes falling on the prisoners.

"They'll come looking for their lost cart and then they'll find them." Dream shrugged it off, muttering something under his breath. "Until next time Sleepy boys." he waved, leading the way towards the south.

Phil turned to Techno and Wilbur, pointing towards the west. "If he hurry we can make it there before night fall."

The two nodded, heading in the direction of the village. 

Once they were a sufficient distance away from the cart, Wilbur spoke, his mind troubled. "Do you think those men will be alright?"

"Of course." Phil reassured him. "They always get found in a few hours."

"Why do you care so much anyway? It's never bothered you before." Techno pointed out, glancing towards the younger. 

"I just-" he sighed. "Dream looked like he was actually about to kill him..." He shuddered at the thought, adjusting the weight of the gold on his shoulder.

"That's ridiculous. We never kill." Techno scoffed, rolling his eyes at the idea. "That would make us no better than them."

"Sometimes Dream just gets too carried away, you know that. He's too cocky for his own good." Phil spoke, shaking his head.

"I know... it just felt so real this time." 

"I wouldn't worry about it mate." Phil smiled warmly, resting a hand on the teen's shoulder. "Let's just focus on delivering this gold, alright? Think of how many lives it will save."

"Okay." Wilbur said, giving a slight smile. But it didn't reach his eyes, meaning the subject hadn't left his head either.

The three of them continued north, not the slightest idea what was in store for them.

----------

Hope you liked it!

Thank you for 129 reads!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy