Chapter 6- Teaching A Lesson

Phil POV

"Tell me again why we're meeting up with them?" Wilbur dragged his feet as he walked. Phil didn't have to guess where he stood when it came to anything about the Dream Team.

"They are our allies." Phil reminded him. "And we really can't afford to lose them as allies. Besides, everyone will be there, not just the Dream Team." 

Wilbur sighed dramatically, continuing to walk as slow as he could.

Phil glanced towards Techno, surprised to find him silent. The pinkette hadn't spoken much since the fire the night before. His beautiful pink hair had been burnt at the ends, devastating him. While he didn't regret helping people, it didn't hurt any less. His hair was his pride and joy. Cutting it even a little, soured it his mood.

Squinting ahead, Phil spotted their usual meeting spot. The Ribcage as they called it, mostly because of the the way the branches grew around the chamber. It was a hollowed part in the ground, most likely a burial site at one point. But it was also the perfect place for meetings. No one in the kingdom liked to step foot anywhere near it due to the supposed ghost sightings. When really it was simply George and Sapnap scaring people.

Phil could already hear the laughter as they approached. He could only hope this meeting went better than it usually did. Looking towards his sons, he whispered, "Be polite. We don't need to start wars here."

The two reluctantly nodded before following the man inside. The base was small and crowded, usually not meant for this many people. A small fire stood in the middle, illuminating the walls.

Immediately everyone looked towards them, some with admiration, some with annoyance.

Between all of them, there were five different teams. They came from across the kingdom, each staying in their own territories. The only thing that united them was the desire to help the poor.

"It's about time." Dream muttered. "Can you guys ever be on time?" 

Phil's eyes narrowed. "You were the one who called the sudden meeting last time I checked." More glares were sent his way as Sapnap and George stood by Dream. "Why don't you just get on with it?"

Quackity  chuckled beside him, "Same old Phil." His team smirked beside him. The Shadows, as they called themselves. Always quick and clever, never really being seen. Phil was glad to have them as allies. They had the same mindset, protect the poor at all costs. The three of them had all come from poor families so there was no question. Sam, Karl, and Quackity were inseparable, the same as all the other teams.

"Can we just get on with it?" Deo rolled his eyes. "We do have places to be, things to steal." The Business Bay Boys were less compassionate. Growing up in the rougher towns, it was the only way they could be. But they were loyal. Once you earned their respect, they honored it. They were always dependable. Wisp, Luke, Blitzel, lead by their fearless leader Deo. 

"You know, it's okay not to steal for a day." Skeppy reminded him. The Trouble Trio were always in the middle. A cross between stealing and giving. It was always a gamble for what side they were on. They were experienced, but never quite clever. Bad, Ant, and Skeppy were complete opposites. And yet they still created the perfect team.

"Says you." Luke muttered. 

Skeppy opened his mouth to retort, before quickly being cut off. "Why did you call us here Dream?" Deo crossed his arms, sending a glare towards his teammate.

The blonde smirked, clearly enjoying the chaos. "I have a plan to lower taxes." 

Karl raised an eyebrow. "Go on."

"We all know the royals won't listen to us or their people. So I think we should make them listen." Dream paused, his smile only widening. "I want to capture the youngest prince and hold him for ransom."

The room was silent, trying to process what he just said. Of course, they all wanted to lower taxes. But to take the prince almost seemed to far, at least in Phil's opinion.

"He's just a kid." Sam stood up, clearly angered by the suggestion. "Taxes are not his fault."

"And how would you know that?" Dream stepped forward, staring him down. "The royals are nothing less than tyrants. That includes the youngest prince."

Phil shifted from foot to foot, hating the idea. "You've seen how heartless the king is... what if he doesn't care? What then?"

Dream smirked, clearly he had already thought about it. "Killing him will send the same message."

"No!" Sam exclaimed, shaking his head. "He's nothing like his father... He's the only hope we have for the future." his voice trailed off.

Karl stood up beside him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. "We want nothing to do with your schemes Dream." He glared at the blonde.

"Very well." Dream shrugged, completely unbothered. "Anyone else? I will do it on my own if I must."

Skeppy stood up, taking a deep breath. "Good luck with that Dream. Your plan is far too direct." His teammates stood beside him.

"Deo? What do you think?" Dream questioned, locking eyes with the leader.

Deo didn't look away. He simply shook his head. "We will not work with you again." Phil knew exactly what he was referring to. Only a few months before Dream had attempted to take the castle. They had been lucky to escape with their lives.

"Pity." Dream sighed, finally he turned to Phil. But one look and he already knew the answer. Phil would never help him.

"Leave the prince alone." he stated, thinking back to the night before. If there was any chance that the prince was good, he was willing to take it.

Dream growled, "The royals need to be taught a lesson." He stood up, signaling his team. "We can't wait anymore. It must be done now." Then without another word, he disappeared into the night with his friends right behind him.

Phil sighed, knowing that Dream meant every word he said.

----------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy