Chapter 42- Blood Brothers

Tommy POV

The plan went into action the next day. Tommy was forced to stay inside, but that didn't stop him from hearing whispers from his family. In every town across the kingdom, his name was spoken. Whether it was in anger or hope, it was a start.

From what Wilbur told him, some people jumped to the hopeful side immediately. Those were the people who needed something to believe in. Others, were more difficult. They were too used to being tricked. Some people were too defensive to even entertain the idea. With their hate for the royals being far too strong to even attempt to get through to them.

Tommy remained patient, using most of his time to train with Techno. Much to his surprise, he actually seemed to get better. Of course, he could never reach the heights of the great Technoblade. But he wasn't as worried with a sword at his belt.

The family prepared all they could, mapping out their ways into the castle and the supplies it required. But it came to the point where there was nothing more they could then hope.

One day Tommy stood, watching the moon in the hopes that the coming dawns would bring a hopeful future. 

Only hours later, he found himself outside of the castle's gates. The outlaws had divided in through the towns, trying to find the best ways in. But Tommy's family stuck by his side.

The prince took a more direct approach, not even looking for a secret entrance. If he was going to be the king, he needed to act like it. He needed to be strong. Tommy lead the way to the front gate, pausing when he was only a few steps away from it.

He squinted, disbelief falling over him. Was that- "Ranboo?"

The young guard turned at the name, gasping, "Prince Thomas?" 

The other guard ran to his side, another familiar face. "Fundy!"

Tommy walked towards them, a newfound excitement in his step. Could it really be them? His family followed, more unsure than anything. But Tommy knew this people well. 

"What are you doing here?" Ranboo asked, a smile growing on his face. It was like his entire face had lit up at the sight of him. 

"You could be killed if you're found here." Fundy hissed, looking over his shoulder.

Tommy chuckled, "Actually we could use your help."

"Tommy-" Wilbur began, exchanging looks with Techno and Phil.

"I trust them." Tommy reassured the older. Turning back to his old friends, he laughed at their wide eyes.

"Outlaws-" Fundy began.

"Prince Thomas, why are you-" 

"They're my family." Tommy explained, grinning back towards them. "They took me in when I had no where to go."

Ranboo looked at them, then back at Tommy. "I-I can't believe your actually here. When you were banished I thought... I thought you were dead."

The blonde shook his head, "You can't kill me that easily."

"I'm glad."

"Ranboo, these people are outlaws!" Fundy exclaimed, his eyes wide.

"But the prince trusts them." Ranboo pointed out. "And that's enough for me." He turned back to Tommy, "How can we help you?"

"We need an eye on the inside."

Ranboo snorted, "I think you'll find that most of the eyes you'll find on the inside are eager to help you. I would even say, you could be invisible if you wanted to be."