Chapter 18- Hope In Him

Tommy POV

Tommy wandered away from the voice of his parents, heading towards the only place he knew. The shortest tower and the quietest. He rounded the winding stairs, taking every step slowly. The last time he had been up here, he had been taken.

He still wasn't sure what to make of his experience. On one hand he had been taken away from the only home he had ever had. That in itself was cruel. But Tommy had actually been treated with more respect than he could have hoped for. They treated him like a human being... at least George and Sapnap had.

But the thing that was imprinted on his brain was Techno's look. Tommy had never seen such protectiveness in the span of a few seconds. Like he cared about the boy's wellbeing. Which he knew wasn't possible, but he still couldn't help but hope.

Tommy shook his head, finally reaching the top of the tower. He didn't even make it to the window before he tripped over the cracked pieces of wood. He swallowed, knowing they were the remains of his guitar.

He knelt beside it, picking up one of the small pieces of wood. He played with it between his fingers, sadness dripping into his soul. It had been a gift from his old friend, someone he was forbidden to ever see again. He sighed, not even noticing the eyes that watched his every move. 

"Nice try kid." a voice made him jump out of his skin.

He turned, his eyes widening at the sight of a figure. Pink hair, red eyes. How could Techno be here? "What are you doing here?" he took a step back.

"Phil sent me to made sure you were alive." Techno shrugged, leaning on the tower wall. "He's concerned about your wellbeing apparently."

"He's never even spoken to me." Tommy commented. It was true, the most interaction he had had with the blonde was a mere glance. The only reason he even knew who he was, was from the wanted posters.

"He seems to think you're a good person. He..." Techno paused, reconsidering his words. "He thinks you might just be the one to lead us out of these bad times." The older met his eyes and for a moment Tommy actually thought he meant it. But the moment was broken as soon as Techno turned away. "I was impressed you confronted your parents about it, kid." 

"How'd you know about that?" he questioned. 

Techno chuckled, "It was kind of hard not to hear. I mean, I'm pretty sure the entire castle was listening."

"How long have you been sneaking around the castle?!" he laughed loudly.

"That's beside the point-"

"Tommy! Tommy are you up here!" a voice shouted, followed by approaching footsteps.

Tommy immediately pointed towards the door. "Quick! Behind the door!" he insisted, practically pushing him to hide behind the wood. Techno complied, attempting to make the least amount of noise possible.

"Tommy?" his mother appeared a few moments later, relief filling her face as soon as she saw him. "Oh Tommy, I'm so sorry about your father."

Tommy shifted from foot to foot. He always hated this conversation. "It's fine... He's the king, what should I expect? For him to rule with compassion?" he rolled his eyes.

"Tommy..." she began, but even she knew it was true. Suddenly she stopped, her eyes tracing back the room around them. "Was someone else in here earlier?"

"Wh-why would you think that?" he asked, begging himself not look towards where Techno was hidden. He always had a tendency to give people away.

"You sounded like you were talking to someone..." her voice trailed off. She glanced towards the door, pausing. 

"Mother, we should head downstairs." he interrupted, grabbing her hand. "I know how much you hate the towers in the castle."

She chuckled, glancing back towards her son. "Are you sure there isn't something you want to tell me?" she raised an eyebrow. She eyes reached his and he gulped. She knew, he could tell. 

He shook his head, "Nothing." 

She nodded, the answer apparently being suffice. "Come on then." She lead him back down the stairs, much to his relief. Down the winding steps he went, hoping that Techno could make it out again.

His brain wandered back to what he said. They saw hope in him?

-----

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy