Chapter 11- Left To Die

Wilbur POV

Wilbur sat in the shadows, waiting for the rest of his family. They had went off to meet with a few other outlaws, trying to figure out the next place to strike. Wilbur had chosen to stay in town, wanting to listen to more of the music.

Music was his favorite thing in the world. In a perfect life, he would have chosen to be a musician. But as an outlaw, it was a dream he could never accomplish. While he couldn't keep the wish, he always kept the guitar.

It was safe in their base, probably never to see the light of the town. Phil had forbid him from ever playing it in the town, fearing with his safety. Wilbur understood but that didn't make it hurt any less.

Closing his eyes, he allowed the music to flow through his veins. It was captivating. It wasn't long before Wilbur lost track of time. Hours passed by as he sat there. It was only when laughter filled the streets that Wilbur finally opened his eyes.

His breath hitched as he saw a group of guards coming towards him. Fear forced him down, stopping him from running off. He was quick to throw his hood over his head, playing it off as part of the poor. 

Much to his surprise, the guards were far too interested in their conversation to even bat an eye his way. Curiosity got the best of him as he focused on their voices. What could be so important?

"Can you believe that brat will finally be gone?" One of them exclaimed, pure joy shining from his face. "Finally Prince Thomas is gone and we didn't even have to do anything!"

Wilbur's eyes widened as he listened. Why would they want the prince gone?

"That's what the prince gets for losing those outlaws the day of the fire. If he hadn't have interfered we could have finally captured him! How could he not have known the plan? I can't believe he actually thought we were just there to save people."

"He can't be trusted remember? I doubt the king tells him anything." another shrugged.

"No wonder the king is just going to let him die."

Wilbur gasped, immediately covered his mouth. The guards looked towards him. Thinking quickly, he began coughing up a storm. The group moved away from him, cursing under their breath in disgust.

 The brunette waited a moment, before jumping to his feet. The king didn't care about his own son? What kind of father does that? A million thoughts crossed his mind. Could Phil be right? Was Prince Thomas a victim?

As soon as the guards were out of sight, he raced down the road. His heart pounded, his mind filled with questions. They had promised to stay out of Dream's business. But was it right to stand by and let someone die? The guilt would be too much, Wilbur was sure of that.

He stopped just on the edge of town, stress dripping down his neck. What should he do? He was supposed to wait for his family. But he couldn't, he needed to find them now.

Luckily luck seemed to be on his side. Squinting off in the distance, he was relieved to spot Techno and Phil walking towards them. They were chuckling between each other, bonding without him. On a normal day Wilbur would have protested, demanded that they include him. But there were more important matters.

Phil was the first to spot him, raising an eyebrow. "Wilbur? What are you doing out here?"

The brunette was out of breath by the time he made to them. "Th-they're going to let him die-" he panted, quickly realizing those were the wrong words to start with.

Immediately Techno went into protective mode. "Who's going to die?!"

Wilbur finally caught his breath, "Prince Thomas-"

The pinkette rolled his eyes, turning back to Phil. "Didn't we decide we were staying out of it?" he demanded. He couldn't understand why they had to keep arguing about this.

Phil ignored the older, focusing on Wilbur. "What are you talking about Wil?"

"I heard a group of guards laughing about the king's decision to let the prince die! They weren't even concerned about the kid's life!" the brunette explained, feeling like he was about to explode. He glanced towards Phil, meeting his eyes. "We can't let him die."

"Don't tell me your on Phil's side now!" Techno glared at the younger.

"We can at least visit Dream, right? I mean to make sure he knows his plan won't work..." 

Techno groaned, shaking his head. One look from Phil took all his words away. The blonde glanced at his son, liking the idea. "I think that's a great idea Wil," he said, with a glare towards the pinkette.

Techno huffed, but said nothing. He knew he had been outvoted.

------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy