Chapter 30- A New Prisoner

Tommy POV

Tommy watched in amusement as Wilbur glared right back, "We didn't have to come."

"Actually you did." Dream said as a matter of fact. He stood up, strolling towards the gate. George and Sapnap followed, exchanging nervous looks. His eyes traced towards the new member, that being Tommy. "You hypocrite."

"We didn't capture him!" Wilbur hissed, standing in front of Tommy. 

Dream raised an eyebrow, not believing him in the slightest. "We'll explain everything later." Phil said quickly, he stepped forward, nearly dropping his lockpick in the process.

"Go as slow as possible." Wilbur muttered under his breath. He immediately shut up at Phil's glare. Now is not the time, his father mouthed.

Tommy's heart began to hammer at the sound of the gate opening. Looking back towards Phil, he knew they were no where close. "They're coming." he whispered to Techno.

The pinkette glanced towards the direction of the gate, alerted. "Phil... Phil we need to go." he urged, his hand immediately falling to the sword at his belt.

Phil looked up, finally hearing the footsteps approaching. He hesitated, glancing towards the others. Biting his lip, he couldn't help but feel panicked.

Tommy studied the room, hoping for a plan to pop in his head. His eyes paused at small crack in the wall. A secret passageway, perhaps? "I have a plan." he declared. Everyone looked towards him in surprise.

"We'll follow your lead." Phil nodded, the look of pride unmistakable in his eye.

"You can't just leave us!" Dream erupted.

"We have no choice!" Wilbur retorted, turning to Tommy. "Lead the way."

The blonde ran towards the wall, immediately running his hand over every stone he could. He could only pray his suspicions were correct. The others turned towards the gate, prepared to defend Tommy until he found it.

"Come on, come on." he murmured under his breath. His hands had begun to shake as searched. Faster, he willed himself. Their lives depended on it.

Pausing, he felt it. A single rock that was out of place. He pushed it in, allowing a small entrance to slid open. Relief spread through his chest. He did it! "Hurry!" he shouted to the others. The three of them, raced towards the entrance, hesitating when they realized Tommy wasn't with them.

The footsteps grew closer and closer, followed by a collection of shouts. The blonde raced back towards the Dream Team, fumbling in his pocket for something. "Take this!" he pushed the lockpick through the bars and into Dream's hands. 

The masked man stared at him, in what Tommy could only guess was disbelief. "Why-"

"Just keep it safe! And when we're out of this, I want it back!" Tommy exclaimed, rejoining the others. He didn't miss the look that Techno and Wilbur exchanged. The prince quickly pushed another rock in, this one being a lot more obvious than the last. The door slid shut, just in time for the guards to spot them. 

"Lead the way Toms, but be quick." Phil urged.

Tommy took the lead, using his hands as eyes. They were silent, listening to the alarm bells that rang throughout the castle. Tommy could only pray his mother was safe.

Wilbur couldn't keep his thoughts in any longer. "Why did you do that?"

Tommy thought for a moment, "They needed it more than I did."

"But what if you need it?"

Tommy smirked, "I know the castle better than anyone... Besides, I wouldn't even know how to use it." That earned a laugh of out all three of them.

"I'll teach you when we get back." Techno promised, ruffling the boy's hair.

Tommy stopped at a fork in the tunnel. He looked up, reaching out to pull a rope down. A ladder unrolled to his feet, inviting him to the world above. He paused, glancing towards the others. "We'll need to split up."

"Tommy-"

"It's much harder to track one person than a group of four." Tommy explained.

Phil sighed, hating that the blonde was right. "Fine..."

"Phil, you cannot actually agree with his suggestion-" Wilbur began, looking worriedly at the younger. He didn't even have a way to defend himself.

"I don't!" Phil retorted, locking eyes with the brunette. "But I agree that it's the safest option."

"Phil-"

"We need to go!" Tommy exclaimed, beginning the climb. The longer they waited, the harder it would be to get out of the castle. He pushed the floor tile up, peeking out of the small crack of light. 

The hallway was deserted for the moment, but he knew they didn't have long. He pulled himself out, barely pausing before sprinting down the corridor. They didn't have anymore time to argue. He ignored Phil's shouts of protest, focusing on escaping.

Listening closely, he quickly dove into the closest room, sealing the door behind him. With his heart still racing, he heard the guards walk by. This was going to take quite a while. He glanced around the room, finding it to be part of the servant's chambers. Taking another deep breath, he slowly crept open the door.

Looking both ways, he tiptoed out. But he froze, feeling eyes on him. Someone stood behind him, a slight chuckle on their breath.

"So we meet again son."

------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy