Chapter 20- Get Rid Of Him

Oliver POV

The king paced back and forth, thoughts whirling in his brain. His blood was still boiling from earlier. Thomas was becoming more and more of a problem and he knew it was only going to get worse. They needed to get rid of him and quickly.

A knock echoed from the door. "Come in." 

Two figures entered the room, both of which he knew well. The eldest closed the door behind them while the younger bowed before their father. "You wanted to see us."

Oliver nodded, motioning to the chairs in front of his desk. "I need your help."

Adam and Lukas stood up straighter at his words.

The king paused, choosing his words carefully. "Thomas has been causing one too many problems and he only aims to cause more. I need to get rid of him as quickly and efficiently as possible." He watched their reactions, curious to see how they would respond.

Adam looked away, trying to process his words. Lukas, on the other hand, had a look of confusion on his face. "Won't we be blamed for his disappearance? How does that help us exactly?"

"We're going to blame it on the outlaws, obviously. We need to give our subjects a reason to hate them." Oliver explained.

Adam shook his head, "Impossible. They rely on the outlaws. They're going to need more than a reason to turn against them." He thought for a moment. "But they might have an easier time turning against Thomas."

Oliver met his eyes, liking where this was going. "Good thinking... Thomas the murderer... I can already hear the headline."

"Murderer?" Lukas repeated. "Thomas has never killed anything in his life."

"Maybe not... But we can make it seem like he did." 

"Thomas won't fall for that." Adam shook his head. He may not have known his brother well, but he knew he wasn't stupid. "He won't kill even if you tried to make him."

"But we can make the illusion he did. Prince Thomas found involved in a murder and cast out. Wanted dead or alive." Oliver smirked at how good it sounded.

Adam glanced towards him. "You really think the public will fall for that? Most people hate us."

"The public will fall for anything that's interesting. And any drama within the royal family is beyond interesting." The king continued. "All that matters is that he will be a disgrace across the land. Even the outlaws won't care for him."

A creak suddenly came from outside. The king raced to the door, throwing it open and spotting the edge of a dress. He smirked, he knew would know his wife's dress anywhere.

Perfect, he thought. The plan can go into effect tonight.

--------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy