Chapter 26- You're More Family Than Anything

Techno POV

Techno made his way down the hallway, pausing at Wilbur and now Tommy's room. He knocked gently, not wanting to startle the teen. There was no response. Techno sighed, pushing the door open. He was not taking no for an answer, especially not for something as important as this.

The pinkette entered the room, immediately spotting the prince. He sat on the extra mattress, his head in his hands. Techno took a deep breath before sitting beside the teen. "Hey Tommy." he began.

"I-I'm sorry. I know I overstepped... I didn't mean to. I just- I thought-" he cut himself off, shaking his head.

"Don't worry about it." Techno reassured. He paused, chuckling a bit. "I don't know how you managed to do it..."

Tommy finally looked up, glancing towards him. "Do what?"

"Fit into our ridiculous family. Do you understand how hard that is?" Techno stared into his blue eyes, meaning every word he said. "Heck, you fit in so well I don't think we'll ever be able to let you go."

Tommy froze at his words, his eyes wide. Techno looked on, suddenly finding the blankets to be far more interesting. "Are you offering me a place on the team?" he asked slowly, checking to see if he heard him right.

"No," Techno met his eyes. "I'm offering you a place in this family."

Tears filled the boy's eyes at the word family. Tommy looked away, immediately wiping his tears away. He shook his head, "You don't know what you're offering." His own family barely wanted him and he had been with them longer.

"I know exactly what I'm offering." Techno stated. "I'm offering you safety and protection for the rest of your life. I'm offering you adventure and chaos. I'm offering you love and care from people who truly love you." He paused, ruffling the blonde's hair. He didn't miss how he leaned into his touch. "That's what family does. So, what do you say?"

"You really mean it?" Tommy said hopefully.

Techno wrapped an arm around the teen, pulling him closer to his side. "Every word." Tommy didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around the older's torso. Techno hugged him as tightly as he could, resting his chin on the blonde's head. Who knew the last time he had been hugged?

"Thank you." Tommy whispered, making Techno smile even wider.

He was proud to call the blonde his little brother.

------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy