Chapter 40- Tommy Isn't Like That

Techno POV

Techno had never felt so panicked in all his life. Seeing Tommy hunted by the people who were supposed to love him had awoken a new level of protectiveness he had never felt before. He stood over the boy, unsheathing his blade. 

"Make a move I dare you." his eyes were locked on the eldest. 

Adam shuttered at the sight of the sword. "How dare you threaten a-"

"I can do worse." Techno stepped forward. "Try to take him and I'll kill you where I stand." He tightened his grip on the handle, meaning every word he spoke.

Lukas paused, backing his horse up. "Adam-"

"We can't fail again." Adam shook his head.

"You already did." Techno smirked.

"TECHNO?!" voices called from behind him.

That seemed to do it for the princes, as they quickly turned around their horses. Muttering between each other, Techno could only laugh. They were right to fear them. The pinkette didn't move until he was sure they were out of sight.

Kneeling beside his little brother, he sighed in relief. All that mattered was that he was safe. Techno carefully picked him up, holding him close to his chest. 

Wilbur ran up to him, his sword in hand. "What happened? Is Tommy-"

"He's fine." the pinkette reassured him. Phil was only a few steps behind. Opening his mouth to ask the same question, Techno repeated, "He's fine."

Phil looked down at the sleepy boy in his arms, running a hand through his hair. "Let's get him back home." He went to take Tommy from Techno's arms, but Techno only tightened his grip on the boy.

"I can carry him." Techno turned on his heel, his destination already set on their base. Nothing else really mattered to him. Nothing except protecting Tommy.

It didn't take long for them to get to the base. Techno laid Tommy on his bed, throwing a blanket over him. Once he was sure the blonde was comfortable, he left.

Wilbur and Phil talked quietly in the kitchen, stopping when Techno entered. 

"What happened?" Phil asked.

Techno sighed, "Tommy was being hunted by the princes. If I... If I hadn't have been there they probably would have killed him." He didn't even want to entertain the idea.

"We need to be more careful." Wilbur commented, his eyes trailing back to Tommy's room. "He's not ready to go out on his own."

Phil nodded, "I agree. With the princes on his trail, he could be captured at any moment."

Techno paused, "What about what Dream is planning? He's a vital part of it." The masked man wanted to end this struggle once and for all. He wanted to finally overthrow the king. To do that, they would need Tommy.

"He's not ready yet."

"Dream isn't going to wait." Techno reminded him. If Dream had the ability, he would have already put his plan in motion. "And Tommy..." He didn't even want to think about how Tommy was handling all of this.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow, alright? The meeting's only a few hours after sunset." 

Wilbur and Techno nodded. The pinkette didn't hesitate to walk towards Tommy's room. Pushing the door open, he found comfort in watching Tommy's chest rise and fall.

Wilbur stood beside him, "He's been through so much."

The pinkette nodded. It was something he thought about all the time. In only a few months, the prince's life had been completely thrown upside down. Whether it was for better or for worse, it was still a lot.

"What do you think will happen when we overthrow the king?" 

Wilbur's question threw him off guard. "What do you mean?" 

"Do you think he'll stay with us?" the brunette continued. "I mean, obviously he'll be king... But the king still gets to choose his family, right?"

Techno looked back at the sleeping blonde. "He won't forget about us." He wrapped an arm around the younger. "Tommy isn't like that."

------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy