Chapter 31- No Room For Traitors

Tommy POV

Shivers raced down Tommy's spine. He knew that voice only too well. Slowly, he turned around, meeting with the eyes of the king. "Father."

"You will address me as Your Majesty." the man glared. He stood up straighter, "Guards, seize him."

Before Tommy could even react, his arms were pinned behind his back. He struggled for a moment, barely managing to move at all. His eyes fell back at his father, who held nothing but hatred in his eyes.

"Shall we go meet your mother?" he smirked. The king turned on his heel, leading the way to what Tommy could only guess was the throne room.

"Leave her out of this. She didn't do anything!" Tommy roared, struggling against the guards that held him. If anything happened to her, he would never forgive himself. 

The king chuckled, "She helped you. That's treason enough." 

They continued walking, Tommy attempting to hold his tongue. He didn't want to make things worse for his mother. The throne room came quicker than he expected. It was still as grand as ever, with rich red carpets and golden walls. When Tommy was younger, he used to imagine the day he would take on the responsibility of ruling the kingdom. Now he dreaded the idea of it. After everything that had happened... 

All of his thoughts were interrupted at the sight of his mother. His blood began to boil at the sight of her tied wrists. It wasn't her fault. It has his...

"I was merciful before..." the king spoke, beginning to pace. 

"Merciful?" Tommy repeated in disbelief. The king was many things, but merciful was not one of them. "You killed that child in cold blood."

His father chuckled darkly, "That was your doing, not mine."

Tommy shook his head, wishing his brain wouldn't believe a word he said. But there was always that little voice, doubting every instinct he thought he had.

"Perhaps that wasn't enough." the king began, his gaze drifting towards the queen. "I cannot have traitors in my family..." He nodded towards the guards that stood by. The guard in question, unsheathed his blade, beginning to stalk towards the queen.

Tommy stopped, his brain slowly processing what he meant. "She didn't do anything!" He struggled against the guards, wanting nothing more than to run to his mother's defense. But no matter how hard he fought, it wasn't enough.

The guard moved closer and closer, finally coming to hold his blade to her throat. The queen looked towards Tommy, her glassy eyes filling with tears. There was a soft smile on her lips, the same smile she had always had. 

The king paused, "You're right. You did it."

The dagger struck his mother through the chest, making her cry out. "NO!" Tommy screamed, despair crying out in his voice. 

And the queen fell coldly to the floor.

--------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy