Chapter 29- The Queen

Tommy POV

Tommy watched his mother disappear around the corridor, almost missing the gentle smile she sent his way. He had missed that in the past week. The smile that always reminded him that he was loved.

"Tommy, come on! The queen can only distract the guards for a few minutes!" Techno urged beside him, grabbing him by the arm. Tommy jumped, nearly stumbling as he went to follow the pinkette.

They slowly followed the queen, careful to be hidden out of the candlelight. Tommy watched as his mother strolled towards the guards, using the same stride as she always did. He had no doubt in his mother.

"Your Majesty, what are you doing here?" one of them asked, seemingly surprised at the sight of her. Tommy held his breath as the queen went to respond.

"I can go wherever I please." Anne responded, keeping her head up high. Her eyes traced between the guards and the gate. "Perhaps you would be so kind as to allow me to pass?"

The pair looked at each other, clearly conflicted. The taller of the two stepped forward, bowing respectfully. "With the greatest respect, Your Majesty, we can not allow you to pass."

The queen raised an eyebrow. "And why is that?"

"The king has forbidden anyone from visiting the prison, aside from himself and a selected few. He feels that it is far too dangerous with the capture of the outlaws." 

"That is exactly why I must pass." she huffed. She was not about to take no for an answer. "I wish to see the outlaws for myself."

"Your Majesty-"

"Step aside." she ordered. 

Again, the duo exchanged a look of panic. They didn't know who's wrath would be worse, the king's or the queen's. "Perhaps, we could accompany you-"

"I assure you, that will be not be necessary." The queen stepped forward, opening the gate herself. The guard's attempted to stop her, only to be met with the angry eyes of Anne.

"Your Majesty-"

They continued to bicker, allowing the four of them to move closer. With a signal from Phil, one by one they crept forward. With the guards focused on the queen, they managed to sneak through the gate without being detected. Once they were all inside, the tiptoed further downwards, sparing a glance towards the gate.

"Well, why don't we go ask the king ourselves!?" Anne exclaimed, slamming the door shut behind them. There was a great deal of footsteps, accompanied by protests. 

Tommy smirked, he had never been prouder of his mother in that moment. The rest of them continued further in, with Phil and Techno in front. Tommy had attempted to lead them, but the rest of them hated the idea of him being in the front in such a dangerous place. They couldn't protect him from the back.

"How will we know when we find them?" Wilbur asked, looking from cell to cell. 

"We'll know." Tommy replied, studying each cell. Sad eyes followed their every movement. Mouths opened, but there were no words that could be heard. Pausing, he took a step towards the nearest cell, only to be pulled back by Wilbur. "Can't we-"

"No." Wilbur shook his head. 

"But they need us-" Tommy began, again reaching for them.

The brunette's grip remained firm. "We can't save everyone. One day we will... but not at our own expense." 

With a heavy heart, Tommy nodded. He knew Wilbur spoke the truth.

A shout came from up ahead, "We found them!"

Tommy and Wilbur picked up their pace, relief filling them at the sight of the Dream Team.

Dream glared at them, "It's about time."

--------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy