Chapter 13- A New Plan

Techno POV

Techno couldn't believe they had been dragged into this. The goal had been to stay out of Dream's business and now they were in the middle of it. But no matter how much he disapproved of where they were, it didn't change reality.

"Let's go now!" Wilbur stepped forward, immediately getting dragged back by Techno. He was always the restless one, no matter the mission. Techno quickly covered the teen's mouth, putting a finger to his lips. He waited, watching a pair of guards stroll by. He thanked every star in the sky that they hadn't heard him.

A moment passed before he let go. Furious, he turned to the brunette. "You're going to get us killed!" In the moment, he couldn't be truly angry. Wilbur had made a mistake, he knew that. But the thought of him losing his brother amplified every feeling of fear he felt.

Wilbur's head drooped at the tone of Techno's voice. "I'm sorry." he mumbled.

Phil sighed, placing a hand on the teen's shoulder. "Just follow my lead, alright?" We need to be a little more careful." Techno didn't miss the glare Phil sent his way.

The man crept forward, followed by the other two. Techno rolled his eyes, he didn't even want to be here. It was way too big of a risk in his opinion.

The group continued to make their way through the halls, mapping out their route as they went. Techno still couldn't understand why Dream even had a map of the castle in his possession. It seemed oddly convenient even for Dream. He must have been planning it for months.

"Do you think they've made it to the throne room, yet?" Wilbur whispered, his eyes drifting towards the direction of the room.

"Hopefully." Techno muttered. The sooner they were in there, the sooner they could leave.

Phil paused, looking back at the map. "Who would have left all these doors open?" he commented, having counted the number of opened passageways they had already passed through.

"Just be thankful we don't have to waste time picking them." Techno grumbled, glad he could leave his lockpick in his pocket.

Phil suddenly skidded to a stop, causing the others to nearly fall into him. Putting a finger to his lips, he nodded towards a group of socializing guards.

"Did you see the prince has returned with an outlaw?" one asked, riling up the other two.

"I bet he's working with them!" another one exclaimed.

"I mean he was friends with one before they became an outlaw... Who's not to say he's still friends with him?"

Techno felt his blood begin to boil. Have they no respect? How could they hate the prince so much? He shook his head, he shouldn't care. So why did he?

His gaze drifted towards Phil who was mirroring the his expression. One, two, three, he mouthed. On three, they leaped forward and quickly ambushed them. The guards were caught off guard, their weapons still at their belts.

Techno quickly knocked out his opponent, sending the guard crumpling to the floor. He turned towards his brother, his eyes widening as the guard reached for his sword. He jumped on the man's back, pulling him off Wilbur before knocking him out with his sword.

"Thanks." Wilbur panted, catching his breath.

"I want my money or I will the kill the prince where he stands!" Dream's voice echoed through the halls. Techno exchanged a look with Wilbur. Why did he sound so serious? They had all agreed that no harm would come to the prince.

Wilbur's terrified eyes met his own. "What if they don't give him a reward? If they didn't care enough to send guards to search for him, who's to say they would trade anything for him?"

Techno's heart began to pound. He shook his head firmly. "He swore he wouldn't kill him..."

"When has that ever stopped him before?"

"Wait! We'll give you anything. Please don't harm my son!" a woman's voice broke through. Techno peeked around the corner, relief filling his features. There the queen stood, practically kneeling at Dream's feet. There was someone who cared about him. Techno shook his head, not that he cared.

Techno watched with gritted teeth as the king rolled his eyes. Not even bothering to rise out of his throne, he made a demand of his own. "Give me the prince and I'll let you walk out with your life."

Dream glared, pressing his knife closer to the prince's throat. "I want a reward." The terrified look on the prince's face only made Techno angrier.

"Your life is a reward enough." The king continued. "You are in no place to make such demands." He nodded towards his guards, urging them to approach. But Dream wasn't about to back down.

"Don't come any closer!" Dream shouted, making the prince gasp.

They hesitated, waiting for the king's orders. But the queen spoke first. "Don't hurt him! Please don't hurt my baby!" she shrieked. "Please." She glanced towards her husband, somehow managing to shift his heart even by the slightest bit.

He groaned, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Fine. Give me the prince to spare my wife's tears. What is it you want?"

Dream relaxed at his words, edging his blade away from the boy's throat. "I want the money you stole from the poor. All of it."

The king seemed to process his offer, reluctantly nodding. "Very well. Hand the prince over and I'll grant you whatever you wish."

Dream paused, shoving the prince forward. Techno cursed under his breath, knowing exactly what was going to happen. Dream was impatient. The queen brought the prince into her arms, immediately showering him with love. Techno's eyes were glued on the king.

The man finally stood up, a smirk spreading on his face. "Kill him."

Dream immediately tensed at his words, finally spotting his mistake. He was at the mercy of his enemy. He quickly unsheathed his sword, turning in an attempt to protect every angle.

Phil was on his feet in an instant, immediately shadowed by his sons. 

They had a job to do and a promise to uphold.

---------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy