Chapter 46- The Rightful King

Tommy POV

Tommy slowly blinked open his eyes, surprised to feel the familiar sheets of his old bed. Looking around, he was shocked to find himself in his old room. Was he really home? Soreness spread through his muscles, making every shift a lot harder.

Squinting around the room, he chuckled at the sight of Wilbur and Techno. Wilbur sat beside the bed, fast asleep. Techno was leaned against the bed, snoring much to Tommy's amusement.

Tommy glanced towards the door to find Phil step inside. The man smiled at the sight of his blue eyes. "Hey Toms."

The blonde grinned, "Hey Phil." Ignoring how raspy his voice was, he reached for the glass of water by his bedside. The bed creaked at the sudden movement, waking up Techno and Wilbur in the process.

"Tommy?" Techno yawned.

"Tommy!" Wilbur exclaimed, jumping to his feet. He ran to the boy's side, gingerly wrapping him in a hug. "Don't scare us like that!"

"Sorry." Tommy thought for a moment, recounting the events that he could remember. "What happened?"

"Dream is in prison, along with your awful brothers. Your father is dead... Which means your the rightful king." Wilbur explained quickly.

"King?" the blonde repeated, the word foreign to his tongue. How could something sound so right and so wrong at the same time? Was he ready? Could he ever be ready? Maybe he wasn't the right one...

"Don't do that." Techno's voice brought him out of his thoughts.

Tommy glanced towards him. "What?"

"Listen to your doubts." the pinkette replied. "You'll be the best king this kingdom has ever seen, and everyone knows that."

"But-"

"Nope."

"What if-"

"Tommy."

Tommy sighed, knowing Techno was right. Rubbing his eyes, he was surprised how exhausted he was.

Phil smiled, running a hand through his hair. "Get some rest. We'll still be here."

"But he just woke up!" Wilbur exclaimed, disappointment clear in his voice.

Techno rolled his eyes, "Getting stabbed takes a lot out of you."

Tommy giggled, yawning again. He closed his eyes, finding comfort in Techno's words.

-----------

Only a week and a half later, Tommy was crowned the rightful king. He sat down on the throne, overlooking the people he had sworn to protect. His eyes stopped at the friends who had helped him get here.

The outlaws who had helped change the future. His new knights. The people he would trust the most.

Wilbur meet his eyes, smiling widely. "What's your plan, Your Majesty."

Tommy stood up, looking towards his subject. "To do the only thing I'm capable of. Rule to the best of my ability."

----------

Hope you liked it!

Thank you for 3.1K!!

This book is finally done, thank goodness. It's definitely not perfect, or really good in my opinion. But thank you for sticking with me through it. I truly appreciate all of you reading it.

Hopefully I'll see you in my next book!! I have a big idea I'm excited to write about!

And now that this is done, I can go back to writing all the requests for my oneshot book!

Feel free to join my discord channel if you want! https://discord.gg/mnqCvfZK

Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Thank you for everything!

-Snowy