Chapter 32- Return The Favor

Wilbur POV

Wilbur slowly rolled out of bed, having never felt so drained in his life. Turning towards the bed beside him, he began, "Hey Toms-" before stopping abruptly. Any excitement he might have had was gone at the sight of the empty bed. Sighing, he got dressed before making his way to the kitchen.

It had only been a few days, yet it felt like an eternity. Wilbur struggled to remember life without the blonde. Thinking back to the events of the past, the brunette could feel his blood begin to boil. If he had his way, they would never have left the prince. But Phil wouldn't allow them. He was adamant of putting their safety first before anything.

Speaking of which, Phil strolled in the room, pausing when he caught sight of Wilbur. "Good morning Wil." he said, treading carefully in his words. He went towards the pantry, searching for breakfast.

Wilbur remained silent. He couldn't get past his anger, no matter how hard he tried to. Not that he really tried that hard. The only thing that was keeping him from running out the door was Techno.

The pinkette entered the kitchen a few minutes later, immediately glancing towards the younger. He had always been much better at hiding his emotions. "Wilbur-"

"Save it." Wilbur snapped, finding much more interest in the wall.

Techno sighed, pausing, "We're going to rescue him, Wil. We just-"

"Don't make promises you can't keep."

"Wilbur, do you really think we would leave him for longer than we had to?" Phil joined the conversation, abandoning the breakfast he had been attempting to make. He approached the brunette, "We just need more time before we can ask our allies-"

"We can't wait that long!" Wilbur stood up, the frustration crawling up his spine. "We don't even know if he's alive! He could be..." He buried his head in his hands, not wanting to think about it.

"The king wouldn't-"

"He had no problem killing his own people. I don't think murdering his own family is much of a stretch." Wilbur stated. And he was right, even none of them wanted to admit it. No one wanted to entertain the idea that their youngest was dead.

"We can't-" Phil began before being interrupted abruptly by a knock. The three of them were on their feet in an instance, an old habit they had never been able to get rid of.

Phil walked towards the door cautiously, peeking through the sliver of light that shone through the middle of the door. Pausing, he stepped back before swinging the door open. "Dream."

Wilbur's eyes narrowed on the three figures that entered the base. He wasn't sure if he would be able to control his anger towards him. He wasn't even sure if he wanted to.

The masked man observed the little base for a moment, before turning to Phil. "We came to return something to you." His hand dug into his pocket, reappearing a moment later with Tommy's lockpick.

"That belongs to Tommy." Wilbur spat, glaring at the emotionless smiley mask. 

Dream glanced towards him, "That's why I'm returning it."

"Well, he's not here. You should be here offering to help us get him back. Not rubbingit in our faces that he's gone!" the brunette exclaimed, wanting nothing more than to punch that smug look off his face. Problem was, it was the only look he had.

"We just escaped. The last thing we want to do is go back to that place." Sapnap shuttered, falling in line with Dream.

"You have an obligation to help us. That's what allies do!" Wilbur shouted. His hands began to grip at his hair, but Techno was quick to pull them away. "H-he saved your life." His voice broke.

George opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it. Wilbur didn't miss the pity in his eyes. The brunette turned to Dream, offering his own thoughts. "He's not wrong Dream." he murmured, choosing his words very carefully. "They helped us, why can't we help them."

"You want to go back there?!" Dream demanded, causing George to stumble back. Dream paused, looking away from him.

Sighing, George nodded. "He saved us... even after we ruined his life. Doesn't that deserve honor?" If anyone was going to have a chance in changing Dream's mind, it was him. He could only hope his words meant as much as they used to.

The blonde considered his words for a moment before looking towards Phil. He shook his head, clearly hating his decision. Groaning, his eyes locked on Phil. "What's the plan then?"

-----------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy