Chapter 39- An Outlaw of a Prince

Tommy POV

Tommy didn't mean to meet their eyes. He had meant to avoid it at all cost. As soon as he locked eyes with Adam, he knew he was screwed. Turning on his heel, he began pushing his way through the crowd. His heart hammered against his chest as shouts rose up behind him.

Sprinting down another road, he couldn't stop the panic from poisoning his veins. What if they caught him? He'd be executed as soon as he returned home... His family wouldn't even have chance save him. He would never be able to redeem himself for everything that had happened.

"Thomas!" Lukas screamed behind him, followed by the sound of hooves.

Tommy groaned. How could he outrun horses? He turned again, getting further and further away from home. Thoughts spiraled through his brain, trying to find any possible solution. Turning another corner, he hesitated.

The sound of hooves forced him back into motion. He continued to eye the rooves of houses, looking for his best opportunity. Turning one final corner, he found it. A small tree growing beside a cottage.

Without thinking, he began to climb it as fast as he could. Pulling himself onto the roof, he dove over to the other side. Just in time for the horses to skid to a stop.

Tommy felt his heart was going to burst out of his chest. He didn't even dare to look over the other side of the roof, not wanting to even risk catching his siblings' eye. Squeezing his eyes shut, he heard the footsteps come closer and closer. He didn't have a lot of time.

"Father will be furious if we come back empty handed again!" Lukas groaned.

"He can't have gotten far!" Adam retorted, he snapped his reins and urged his horse into a trot. 

Tommy held his breath as he found his courage. The only way he was going to be able to outrun them was with a horse of his own. Slowly and carefully, he peeked over to the other side of the roof. His brothers continued to converse, only paying attention to their own bickering.

Tommy climbed closer to where they stood, keeping close to the roof. He was grateful for the darkening skies for once. He took a deep breath, counting down in his head. Three... Two... One!

He jumped onto Adam's horse, spooking the mare in the process. Caught off guard, Adam let go off the reins. Tommy struggled to stay on the horse, shoving his brother in an attempt to make him fall. But no matter how hard he pushed, he just wasn't strong enough.

"Lukas help me!" Adam shouted. He pushed back, this time successfully pushing Tommy off. The blonde fell to the ground, instantly scrambling to his feet. He began racing down the road, cursing every curse he could under his breath. He had only made his situation worse.

"Don't lose sight of him!" Lukas exclaimed.

Relief filled Tommy when he found the crowd once more. He began pushing his way through the crowd, ducking into another crowd as soon as he could. He was successful in giving himself more time... But not in losing them.

Tommy sprinted through the forest, hearing his brothers right on his trail. His lungs screamed for air with every step. But he couldn't stop. Allowing them to catch him was like signing a death wish.

"Thomas! Give up!" Adam yelled, looking around the woods in worry.

Tommy shook his head, not having enough breath to even respond. They ran for what felt like hours. The blonde could feel his legs beginning to buckle. Before he knew it, he was laying in the grass. Closing his eyes, he was too exhausted to even process what was happening.

A shadow stood over him. "Get out of here." he growled. 

The two horses came to a stop.

Tommy could only register the sound of a blade being unsheathed. "I won't ask again."

The prince allowed the darkness to take him.

-----------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy