{9} Trust

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

As we walked into the restaurant I feel my body relax at the thought of Xavier's reassurance that nothing would happen. I look around searching for Emma and spot her and Lidia. No Freya. Weird.

"Hey guys!" Emma notices us and smiles. "Sup." I reply smiling back at her whilst I and Xavier gsit in the booth seat across from her. "Wheres Freya?" Xavier asks as he settles in . "She canceled..." Lidia gives Xavier a look. They stare at each other for a couple of seconds. What the hell is up with him and his siblings giving each other looks around me?

"Oh." Xavier clears his throat and nods once. "Too bad, she's missing out," Emma says looking at the menu. For some reason, I felt the tension of awkwardness. I ignored it and sat there playing with my bracelet. It calmed my running thoughts.

My bracelet was the last thing I had from my brother. Hayden had given me the bracelet when I turned thirteen. We had a ten-year age gap, so I was only then when my parents died while he was twenty. Our parents died in a plane accident on their way back home from a business trip. I had been left with my brother. When we found out the news, Hayden became my Legal guardian. 

When I turned thirteen, he gave me a tiny box that had the bracelet in it. A silver band with a heart charm on it. In the middle of the charm was an engraved 'D'. I would die if I were to lose my bracelet or if anything happened to it. This bracelet is my only physical reminder of Haydens love for me.

"Bro you will not guess what the principal did today," Emma sets her menu down looking at all of us. "What?" I ask looking up at her. "He gave me a tutor for math." She states aggravated. "And that's bad because?" Lidia asks giving her a confused look. "UH! It's bad because it's an everyday tutor lesson. And from another student." Emma comments annoyed. 

I honestly didn't understand why she thought it was something bad. It's her fault she needs one to begin with. But whatever. "Who is it?" I ask her. "Alex Stewart." She says crossing her arms and leaning back onto the seat. "ooooh." Lidia teases. I look over at Lidia and giver a a confused stare. "Did I miss something?" I ask looking between the two of them. 

"Oh well... Alex is really cute and I defs' ship." Lidia pokes Emma in the arm causing her to jolt away. "Shut up. I dont even like him. He's too... nerdy." Emma says cringing. "You say that now but I can't wait for you to be telling me about the awesome late-night activities." Lidia adds with a smirk on her face "Dear god..." I cringe at the conversation and readjust in my seat. I dont like talking about other peoples sex life. Especially at a restaurant. 

Not like I was going to eat anyway.

Xavier chuckles at my response making me look over at him. I smile and earn myself a smile back. "So are yall going to get anything to eat?" Lidia asks looking at us. "Or did you already... eat something else..." She smirks at Xavier and I. "Come again?" I say trying to hide my now red face. "Did yall not eat something after leaving the school?" She asks tilting her head.