{4} Anxiety

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

(2 months after)

I get to my apartment and lay down on the couch. I look at the clock on the wall to see it's 4 pm. Fuck me, I have work in an hour. I get up to make myself a sandwich. 

I take a bite out of it. And a few more until there is nothing left. Then I put the dish in the sink, along with the rest of the dirty dishes I have yet to wash. After I get dressed I walk out of the apartment and to my car.

I pull up to the diner and walk in. Looking around it seems the diner is not too full or empty. I walk to the back and clock in. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a fever dream. Especially in this diner. These days just seem to be on repeat with no change and excitement. 

A while later I decided to go to the kitchen and help since every time a customer walked in, another worker would quickly go to them. Though only thirty minutes later I was sent off again.

 "Hey, can you take the order for table 5? everyone else is busy." my manager comes to the back and informs me. "uh yeah sure," I say taking off my gloves and throwing them away. On my way out I grab my notepad and pen and head to the table.

"Hello my name is Davina what can I get for you today?" I say looking at my notepad. "Can I please have someone who doesn't call a girl a bitch." I look up to see Xavier's eyes piercing into mine while he smiled. I squint my eyes at him and give him unamused smile. "well then I guess you can starve." I try to walk away, but before I get the chance he grabs my wrist and I turn back and look at him. "Please Vina I was kidding. Don't starve me." He gives me a soft face and the tiniest smile.

Somehow that thaws my cold heart.

I look down at the wrist he had in his grasp, this makes him immediately let go. "fine. What do yall want." I ask looking at Xavier, Freya, Sam, and Theo. "we all just want a burger and vanilla milkshakes." Sam says looking at all of them and then at me. After I write it down on my notepad I walk away.

"Here yall go," While I'm setting down the plates and drinks from my tray Xavier speaks. "I didn't know you worked here," he says taking a fry and looking at me. "Well when all of your family is dead the income has to come from somewhere.. or someone, "My response sets him off and his small smile drops in regret. "Sorry. I upset you," he apologizes in a soft voice. "It's ok. there's no way you could've known." 

"say.." he says putting his hand on the top of the booth chairs, resting his arms, and smirking at me. "you don't think that maybe..."My once sad face forms into confusion. "since we are..ya know buddies and all.." what the fuck is he about to say.  " he sets his arms on the table resting his face in his palms, looking up at me. " we could get a discount?" this bitch.

I lean closer to his face bending down. "you fucking wish." A fake smile laces my lips and I take the receipt out of my waistband, nearly slamming it on the table. "enjoy your food jackass." When I walk away I can hear Xavier yelling at me. "Thanks, Vina!"