{2} New in town

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

Either way. Fuck you

"Davina?" Jackson calls for me from behind my back, which makes me turn around. "huh?" I say as I snap back to reality. I guess my mind just likes to make me think of moments of trauma on repeat. 

"Girl you were zoned out the whole class period. I mean I understand it's the first day of school but damn. I actually expected you to be more... I don't know happier." he says confused as he looks across my face, I assume for a response. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to zone out. I swear I'm happy we are back, it's just..."

I didn't know whether to tell him that I was thinking about the day I found out my brother had died. I didn't want to worry him. He was already worried enough about the fact that I lived alone. He has always been protective, I don't mind it.

"it's just what?" he says a little more worried. "I.. was thinking about how I have work later tonight and I hate working on weekdays," I say trying to hide the truth in order to not worry him.

"Sup losers!" Emma yells as she walks towards us. "hey." I said nodding at her. "what's wrong why do we have serious faces?" she says looking both at my and Jackson's faces. "she's stressed out about work later tonight." he says looking at me and then at her. "ugh. stop worrying about life right now bro." she says throwing her head back in annoyance. "It's the first day of our fucking senior year! let go. just... chill. Worry about work when you walk out the front doors of the school. Please don't make me sad about your troubles."

As I was about to respond the bell rings. "welp I gotta go to class. cmon Emma. see ya later D." Jackson says grabbing the loop in the back of emmas backpack and dragging her along with him to their class. I turn and start walking to my next class. God, I wish the day would go faster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright class, yall are free to go!" my teacher says as I grab my bags and I start to walk out of the classroom. Suddenly I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder. "How was class?" Emma says as she starts leading me to the cafeteria. "Fine, I guess. although the teacher has a little...too much energy." I cringe at the thought of so much energy from a teacher. Just teach me and shut the hell up. No need to sugarcoat shit. "ok miss "I'm sad and pissed 24/7" no need to be mean to people who wake up on the right side of the bed, unlike your ass." she says laughing.

We stop at the entrance of the cafeteria and Jackson walks up to us. "Time to pick our table for the year. Our last year in fact so let's make this seating the best seating we could get." He says all hippy and shit. so god damn happy. 

"Hmmm. Oh, what about over there?" Emma says pointing at two tables lined up against each other, that were also next to a window. "Oh hell yeah let's go," Jackson says running to the table, us behind him. "I love it what about yall?" Jackson asks looking at both of us. "I love it!" Emma says running to sit down.

They both look at me, I guess for an opinion. "Yeah, sure I like it," I say sitting next to Emma. "nice. We all like it." Jackson says sitting across from us. " Honestly we like it so much we should just plaster our fucking names on it," Emma says running her hands across the table. A little weird but I liked that about her.

All of a sudden a group of 2 girls and 3 guys walk up to the other table lined up with the one we were sitting on. "Yo. is this table taken?" A blonde-colored hair boy says. Next to him stood another boy with dirty blonde- almost brunette hair. And next to him stood a black-haired boy with green eyes and he wore a black button-up and jeans. a little fancy but whatever. With green eyes. Shit, I already said that. but those green eyes. oh, how you could easily get lost in those emerald eyes.

All of a sudden I get kicked by Jackson under the table. I look at him in confusion but he gives me a look of "what the fuck are you doing" I then realize I Was indeed getting lost in those emerald eyes. I immediately look down at my hands in my lap trying to hide my embarrassment.

"no," Emma says responding to the blonde dude. I look up at the group sitting down. The blonde introduces himself to us. "Hi, I'm Theo," he says "This is Sam" he points to the dirty blonde-haired dude. He nods at us. "and this is Xavier." He says pointing at the emerald-eyed boy I had been staring at earlier. "and I'm Lidia." the brown-haired girl says "I'm Freya. " The ginger-haired girl smiles.

"I'm Emma this is Jackson," Emma says pointing at Jackson. "and this is my other friend." they all stared at me. I quickly realized I was supposed to say my name. "oh sorry, I'm Davina." 

"Nice to meet you... Davina." Xavier says smiling and nodding his head at me.

Dear god, why am I finding this man attractive?

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~